Some Of My Favorite Quotes And Thoughts
- “The beautiful part of writing is that you don’t have to get it right the first time unlike, say, brain surgery,” — Robert Cormier
- “Living bodies require living foods,” – Dr. Ann Wigmore
Three ways to deal with critics…
- Out love them
- Outlast them
- Out fruit them. – Rick Warren
- “If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a ringing brass gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and I know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I parcel out all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I will be burned, but do not have love, it benefits me nothing.” Bible
- “Love is patient, love is kind, love is not jealous, it does not boast, it does not become conceited, it does not behave dishonorably, it is not selfish, it does not become angry, it does not keep a record of wrongs, it does not rejoice at unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things”. Bible
- “Love never ends. But if there are prophecies, they will pass away. If there are tongues, they will cease. If there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but whenever the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside the things of a child. For now, we see through a mirror indirectly but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know completely, just as I have also been completely known. And now these three things remain faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.” Bible
- “Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food,” –Hippocrates
- “God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world, we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” Bible
- “Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet,” – Albert Einstein
- “Love must be without hypocrisy. Detest evil; cling to what is good. Show family affection to one another with brotherly love. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not lack diligence; be fervent in spirit; serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer. Share with the saints in their needs; pursue hospitality.” Bible
- “Bad men live that they may eat and drink, whereas good men eat and drink that they may live,” – Socrates
But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?”
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” Bible
Wishing everyone the best life ever! Bobby
This creamy red pepper cashew dip recipe only takes about 10 minutes to make.Its dairy free and is will become one of your favorite appetisers. It so delicious it’s hard to believe you’re eating a highly nutritious treat.
Requires blender or food processor.
Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups of cashews (soak the cashews for 4 hours before using)
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (or your favorite seed, nut or grain milk)
- 1 large red pepper
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons of plementos or roasted red pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic (you may substitute garlic powder to taste, if you wish)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (optional bourbon flavored smoked pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place all the ingredients except the plementos, roasted red pepper and chili powder into the blender or food processor.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add more almond milk as needed to give the dip the creamy consistency that you like.
- Stir in the plementos or roasted red pepper and chili powder or use them as a garnish on the dip.
Wishing everyone the healthiest and happiest of summers. Bobby
Nothing like raw vegan brownies to put smiles on our faces and bring us together.
The Most Delicious Raw Vegan Brownies You Have Ever Eaten!
Paige Brummett, the creator of this fantastic brownie recipe, interned at CHI while I was Director and showed us her extraordinary talent for developing allergen- and agave-free desserts. We love you, Paige!!! :-).
Equipment you will need:
High-Speed Blender or Coffee Grinder
2 cups Coconut water
1 Tbsp Vanilla powder
3/4 cup Cacao Powder
3/4 cup Carob Powder
1/2 cup melted Coconut Oil (melt in a dehydrator or put the jar in hot water)
1/2 cup melted Cacao Butter (same as above)
2 cups Ground Golden Flax (Grind whole flax seed in a high-speed blender or coffee grinder)
- Blend all ingredients (except for golden flax) in a food processor until creamy.
- Combine all ingredients together in a big bowl and mix until a dough-like consistency.
- Spread batter into a baking dish and dehydrate or refrigerate for 2 hours.
- ENJOY every bite of pure love!
God bless and empower each of you with health, love, and peace. Bobby
Easy to make raw vegan oatmeal cookies.
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Time to dehydrate: 10 to 12 hours
- 2 cups of uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts finely ground- (leave out a dozen or so to chunk up and put in the batter)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts finely ground – (leave out a dozen or so to cut up and put in the mixture)
- 1/2 cup soaked dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup of coconut nectar or maple syrup or honey
- 2 apples grated
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- Place the uncooked oats in a food processor and pulse two or three short bursts. If you don’t have a food processor, use a blender.
- Transfer the uncooked processed oats to a mixing bowl and add the dates, raisins, walnuts sweetener and the grated apples. Mix the batter by hand or use beaters on low. Set the mixture aside.
- In a coffee grinder grind the macadamias and cashews until they resemble a silky flour. Add them to the batter, stirring them in.
- On a mesh dehydrator sheet shape the dough into cookies.
- Keep in mind that the thicker you form the cookies, the longer they take to dehydrate.
- Dehydrate the cookies at 110 degrees until they reach your preferred texture, around 12 hours.
- Option: If you do not have a dehydrator, you can place the cookies on a baking tray and place in the oven on low with the oven door left open. Heat for 45 minutes.
Enjoy these wonderful cookies with a glass of nut milk or your plant based drink. Blessings, Bobby
Coconut Yogurt Ingredients
- 4 cups young baby coconut meat – You can buy young baby coconuts at most Asian markets. These are sometimes called Thai Coconuts
- 1 1/2 cups of the baby coconut water – You can enjoy drinking the remaining coconut water leftover from opening your coconuts
- 1/4 cup of rejuvelac – If you do not have rejuvelac break open 2-3 pro-biotic capsules and use them in-place of the rejuvelac
Blend all the ingredients for 1 minute at high speed. Pour in to a bowl and place in your dehydrator. Set you temp to 105 degrees and set your time for 4 hours, or until the mixture has the fluffy texture of homemade yogurt.
Refrigerate for 2 hours, then enjoy alone or with your favorite fruit or berries. Blending in your fruit or berries creates amazing fruit smoothies. I promise, once you make your own vegan coconut yogurt you will not go back to dairy based yogurts.
Sending Love and Blessings,
Robert Morgan is the education director at Creative Health Institute, in Union City Michigan.