This delicious chocolate, chia, berry pie is easy to make and packed with fiber, antioxidants and protein.
Serves: 12 to 14 depending upon size of slices
Equipment: Blender or Food Processor
Pudding Filling Ingredients:
- 2 cups chia seeds
- 6 cups hemp milk (or your favorite nut or seed milk)
- 2 cups of frozen berries (1 cup of each Blackberries & Raspberries)
- 4 T cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups date paste
- 1 t Himalayan sea salt
- 1 T vanilla – or to taste
- 1 T lecithin
Pudding Directions: Blend all ingredients except chia seeds and pour mixture into a large bowl. Pour in chia seeds; whisk vigourously and set aside.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup date paste
- 3 T cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted (in dehydrator below 118 degrees) cacao butter
- 1/2 t Himalayan sea salt
Crust Directions: Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Scoop into spring-form pan and pat evenly at the bottom of the pan. Pour pudding mixture on top. Set in freezer for two hours. Let sit at room temperature for 1/2 hour before serving. Optional — sprinkle top with cacao nibs.
Chia seeds are a great source of omega 3’s and are a complete protein. Sesame seeds are a top source for calcium.
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Number of Servings: 100 crackers
5 Cups pure water – you will use this to soak the Chia seeds.
11/2 Cups Chia seeds
2 medium carrots -grated
2 medium celery stalks- chopped
2 medium tomatoes
½ medium white onion
3 medium cloves garlic
2 tbl spoons olive oil
2 tsp basil
2 tsp cumin
¼ cup of sesame seeds – sprinkle on the tops of the crackers as you put them in the dehydrator
1 tbl spoons Celtic sea salt – sprinkle on the top of the crackers as you put them in the dehydrator
- Soak Chia seeds in 5 cups water for 10 minutes.
- Pour off excess water and save seeds to stir into cracker batter.
- Place all other (EXCEPT FOR CHIA SEEDS, SESAME SEEDS AND SALT) ingredients into your food processor.
- Process until you have a smooth paste.
- Place the batter into a large bowl and stir in soaked Chia seeds.
- Spread the batter on to dehydrator sheets, sprinkle on salt and sesame seeds.
- Score batter into cracker squares with a pizza cutter, spatula or knife.
- Turn you dehydrator up to the highest temp until the wetness is off the outside of the crackers. Then lower to 105 degrees leaving the cracker to dehydrate for 12 -15 hours turn them over and dehydrate until crispy.