Raw Vegan Corn Chips. Try them with this delicious dip
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Food processor
- 4 cups fresh corn; if you cannot get fresh, then use frozen corn
- ½ cup ground golden flaxseed
- ½ cup almond pulp (dehydrated residue from almond milk; or make it fresh)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (use red if you do not have a yellow pepper)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1/8 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of Celtic or Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients except the black pepper into a food processor and process until smooth. (Batter should have the consistency of a nice medium thick pancake batter.)
- Add filtered water or Rejuvelac as needed.
- Mix in ground pepper and spread the batter on parchment paper or Teflex sheets to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Dehydrate the chips at 155° for 1 hour, to take wetness off the chips. Once chips are firm, score them.
- Lower temperature to 105° – 110° and dehydrate for 8 – 10 hours.
- Remove the chips from the parchment paper/Teflex sheet. Turn chips over and place on a regular mesh dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate for another 8 – 10 hours, or until as crunchy as desired.
Enjoy these with your favorite dips. Love and Blessings, Bobby