Nothing Cleanses The Lymph System Like Dry Skin Brushing
What is the largest organ in the body? THE SKIN!
- What is one of the most important elimination organs in the body? THE SKIN!
- What organ is responsible for ¼ of the body’s detoxification each day?
- What organ eliminates up to 2 pounds of waste acids, daily? THE SKIN!
- When the blood has an over abundance of toxic materials, what organ will reflect this with problems? THE SKIN!
Dry skin brushing is a swift and powerful way to enhance the detoxification process . Its easy, pleasant and yields tremendous benefits!
Dry brushing has been used for centuries by Scandinavians and Russians. More than 30 years ago, a Finnish doctor and one the greatest doctors of the century, Paavo Airola prescribed dry skin brushing for all his patients for detoxifying the lymph system and to exfoliate and stimulate the skin. Today,many health practitioners recommend dry skin brushing to open the pores of the skin and clean out the lymphatic system. Dry skin brushing is not only a great way to maintain healthy skin, but also helps maintain a healthy body. The ability of the skin to open up the pores to excrete toxins is of paramount importance in helping to overcome autointoxication.
When the pores are not clogged with dead cells and the lymphatic system is stimulated and cleansed, all organs in the body are better able to carry out the important function of eliminating toxic waste. Further, it increases blood circulation in all underlying organs and tissues.
As part of a detoxification and autointoxication cleansing program, our guests combine skin brushing, saunas and warm and cold showers. Follow these steps for the highest level of cleansing:
- Skin brush before entering the sauna, remain in the sauna until in a full sweat.
- Take a warm shower followed by a quick cold shower
- Dry off all of your body and dry skin brush again – always towards your heart accept for between the bottom and top of your neck.
- Jump back into the sauna and remain to the point of flowing perspiration.
- This combination of skin brushing, saunas and showers has proved to be a powerful method for eliminating waste and toxins from the body.
CHI recommends you dry skin brush, morning and night, before your enema, during the program, then once a day after the program is completed.
I. A long-handled natural bristle brush, with a removable head is best.
II. When you first start be sure to brush the skin lightly. Always towards your heart accept for between the bottom and top of your neck.
III. As the skin becomes toned, you may brush heavier. Women should not brush their breast.
IV. Start at the bottom of the feet using a straight motion.
V. Brush in long strokes from the feet toward the waist.
VI. Brush from the waste to the bottom of your rib cage, moving the brush with clockwise circular motions.
VII. Brush the ribcage towards the heart.
VIII. Hold your arm out in front of you and brush from your fingers toward your shoulders.
IX. Brush up from the bottom of your neck to the top of it
X. Brush from the bottom of your neck toward your heart.
XI. Brush your skin until it gets a red glow.
XII. Women should avoid doing the breasts.
XIII. Never wet your dry skin brush, accept for cleaning. Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken.
XV. Skin brushing should take about 5 minutes. Clean your skin brush using soap and water once a week. After rinsing, dry your skin brush in an open, sunny spot to prevent mildew.
Proper Showering After Dry Brushing
If you are not following the aforementioned routine, a shower should always follow skin brushing.
- This will remove uric acid crystals along with any dead skin that has been loosened.
- Always start your shower with warm water and end with cold.
- Once the water is cold, do not stay in any longer. When the water turns cold, let it hit your legs first. Do not let it hit your heart or head first as this can cause a slight shock to the body.
- Vigorously dry off your body.
- Though this is not a problem here at CHI hot shower temperatures create steam that can disperse toxic chemicals found in unfiltered water: Therefore, avoid hot showers, if your water is not filtered.
The Seven Magnificent Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing
I. Opens pores, removes toxins and dead skin allowing the skin to breath.
II. Increases blood circulation and healthy cell renewal.
III. Helps to stimulate hormone and oil-producing glands.
IV. Helps to take the load off other organs by helping the eliminative system, discharge metabolic wastes, greatly aiding with the movement of lymph and the lymphatic drainage of the entire body.
V. Helps in rejuvenating the nervous system. Helps improve muscle tone and prevent fat deposits, including cellulite.
VI. Rejuvenates the skin and improves complexion.
VII. Dry skin brushing stimulates the lymph canals to drain toxic lymph matter into the colon, thereby purifying the entire system. This enables the lymph to perform its house-cleaning duties by keeping the blood and other vital tissues detoxified. After several days of dry brushing, you may notice the gelatinous lymph material in your stools.’
Robert Morgan – Bobby is the health education director at Creative Health Institute in Union City, Michigan, He is a certified naturopath, iridologist, energy practitioner, colonic therapist, master raw chef, author, International lecturer, teacher and cancer surthrivor.
Bobby, is dedicated to continuing to carry out the work and vision of Dr. Ann Wigmore and all of the souls who have dedicated their lives to love, peace and natural health.