Two Clinical Cases Demonstrating the Healing Effects of Peptides
Dr. Joseph Cleaver gave a talk about two clinical cases demonstrating the healing effects of peptides. His presentation on Dec. 13, 2019 was part of the 27th Annual World Congress on Anti-Aging Medicine. The topic of his talk was “The Power of Peptides – Treatment of End Stage Renal Disease and Congestive Heart Failure, Case Studies “. Dr. Cleaver presented how his 86-year old father who had end stage kidney disease was able to go home from a palliative care facility following peptide treatment.
Next he presented another case of a 51-old man who had sustained a viral cardiomyopathy 7 years earlier. His cardiac condition had recently deteriorated, and his physicians put him on an urgent heart transplant list. After only 3 weeks of the peptide therapy he was taken off the heart transplant list as his condition had improved so much.
The medical team
Both patients received initial treatment by a conventional medical team. In the case of the 86-year old man treatment consisted of draining fluid from both lung areas and doing dialysis for chronic kidney failure. Otherwise the family received the sad news that nothing more was available to help, and he was discharged to the palliative care unit. Similarly, the 51-year old man with an end stage heart condition received conventional treatment and learned that the only other possibility to help him was a heart transplant.
The integrative medicine team that treated both patients later consisted of Dr. Mark Houston, an integrative cardiologist. In addition, there was Dr. Joseph Cleaver, one of the leaders in peptide therapy. The third person was Dr. Andrew Heyman, an expert in integrative medicine.
An 86-year old patient with end-stage kidney failure
Dr. Cleaver said that in May 2019 he received a phone call from the emergency room doctor of the hospital. He said that his father was admitted with serious heart problems and was deteriorating rapidly. He had a history of a multiple myeloma with abnormal deposits called amyloidosis. This material formed deposits in his brain and his heart muscle. As a result, he had developed a weakening of the heart resulting in fluid collection in his lungs. Just recently, on April 3, 2019 two stents were placed in his coronary arteries because of hardening of the heart vessels. He also had chronic renal failure with a very low glomerular filtration rate (GFR), which is a measure of the severity of the condition. The GFR was only 15 meaning that he needed 5 dialysis treatments per week to keep him alive.
Findings in the emergency department
An echocardiogram of the heart confirmed amyloidosis of his heart. He had an effusion around the heart, called pericardial effusion. He also had pleural effusions in both lungs. A further test confirmed kidney failure. He needed daily dialysis treatments to combat the kidney failure. The physicians removed 1600 ml of fluid from both lung cavities. Drug therapy was started to improve his heart failure. He required antibiotics for the beginning of blood poisoning (sepsis). By mid-June he had stabilized and his treatment team sent him to palliative care. The purpose of the transfer was to have another medical team look after him for end of life care.
Dr. Cleaver consulted with his integrative medicine collogues to discuss options of integrative medicine treatment of his father.
Integrative medicine approach to treat kidney failure
On June 10, 2019 the integrative medicine specialists ordered to start therapy with the peptide TB4. TB4 stands for thymosin beta 4. It can reduce infarct size in people with heart attacks. But it can also improve heart muscle function in general.
Another peptide was started on June 10, 2019, namely BPC-157. The doctors ordered this to repair organ damage.
He also received general nutraceutical supplements including the mitochondrial antioxidant MitoQuinol.
Results of integrative treatment
Dr. Cleaver’s father was able to return home in August 2019. His grip strength, gait and general strength were the best he has been in years. He returned to wood working (building furniture). He lifts weights and uses an exercise bike every day. His chronic lower back pain has mostly disappeared. His gait is strong and his balance has improved. He maintains his kidney function with only one dialysis treatment per week. He is looking after his garden, walks without assistance and enjoys spending time with his wife. His heart function has normalized and there is significant improvement in his kidney function.
A 51-old man with viral cardiomyopathy waiting for a heart transplant
The second clinical case that Dr. Cleaver presented was that of a 51-year old man who had contracted a viral cardiomyopathy 7 years earlier. His heart function had slowly deteriorated since then. The doctors had nothing else to offer him with his heart condition except to put him on a waiting list for a heart transplant. His symptoms were shortness of breath and fatigue. In addition he required two pillows for sleeping to cope with his shortness of breath.
Integrative medicine approach to treat heart failure
Here is what the treatment plan from the integrative medicine team for this patient included.
The team concentrated on heart muscle cell regeneration and reconditioning of the cardiac mitochondria. The main peptides used were BPC-157 and thymosin beta 4. Another peptide was Ipamorelin, which is known to release growth hormone. Human growth hormone has been shown to improve heart function in patients with heart failure.
The doctors also ordered CoQ-10 and MitoQuinol to stimulate the mitochondria of the heart muscle. In their search for effective alternative remedies for cardiomyopathy the integrative medicine team found supportive literature. They found that growth hormone releasing hormone and Ipamorelin were stimulating receptors on cardiac stem cells. This stimulates survival of heart muscle fibers and modulates genes that regulate cardiac remodelling. The team also administered Hexarelin and ghrelin, which release growth hormone in the body.
Within only three weeks this patient’s shortness of breath disappeared. His ejection fraction, a measure of left heart chamber contraction normalized. He felt energy and no longer needed two pillows to sleep. Due to his improvement his doctor took him off the heart transplant list.
These two cases demonstrate the limits of conventional medicine. Chronic kidney failure and chronic heart failure are conditions for which the normal health care system has no answers. But interestingly, the integrative medicine team managed using innovative peptides that helped in both of these cases. Dr. Cleaver reminded us that we should not only trust in conventional medicine, particularly when there is no positive result. Integrative medicine can offer alternative approaches for the difficult cases that conventional medicine cannot solve. At this point we do not know all the mechanisms of why peptides are helping. Some papers point out that peptides may stimulate pluripotent stem cells to heal whatever condition it is in the body. Dr. Cleaver provided extensive literature references regarding several peptides that are now in clinical use.
Dr. Cleaver gave a talk about peptides at the 27th Annual World Congress on Anti-Aging Medicine on Dec. 13, 2019. He presented two clinical examples, which could not be dealt with by conventional medicine. The first was an 86-year old patient with end-stage kidney failure. The second was a 51-old man with viral cardiomyopathy waiting for a heart transplant. Miraculously, both cases responded to peptide therapy with TB4 (thymosin beta 4) and BPC157. Within a matter of a few weeks there was clinical improvement in both cases. The 86-year old man could return home from a palliative care home, attend to his garden and do woodworking. The 51-year old man regained his cardiac strength and his physician took him off the heart transplant list. Integrative medicine can be useful in chronic cases that conventional medicine cannot improve.
Peptides are proving to be the cutting edge healing modalities of the 21st century. If you have any question about how you can further your research into peptides please contact me and I will forward more in depth information to you
Water is fluid, soft, and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft, and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is soft is strong – Lao-Tzu
During my time as health and education director at Creative Health Institute I have seen the healing miracles which take place when our guests quench their thirst and fill their bodies in H20.
Did You Know:
- Studies show that just drinking 8 cups (64oz) of water daily can decrease the risk of colon cancer by 45%, bladder cancer by 50% and it can potentially even reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Headaches even migraines are signs that water is needed. Continued dehydration of the brain causes inflammation and can even bring on a coma and death. Simply drinking the proper ratios of water to your body weight you can eliminate most all headaches and reduce migraine pain.
- Studies show that water is important in the management of cholesterol. High cholesterol levels have been linked to mild to severe dehydration. When the test subjects balanced their water to weight ratios they experienced drops significant drops in their cholesterol.
- Studies show that dehydration causes the vascular system constrict, causing hypertension. Rehydrating the body by drinking half of the body weight in ounces has produced remarkable results in lowering hypertension without drugs.
- All joint pain and back pain can be reduced by keeping your weight and water intake ratios in balance.
- Today, more than 17 million children suffer from asthma. Studies show that many of the children would not suffer from the effects of the asthma if they were to just drink half of their body weight in ounces of water every day.
- Studies have shown dehydration is a known factor in dementia and drinking the proper ratio of one to body weight helps manage the symptoms of dementia. Proper hydration may also help reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- Studies have shown that oxidation caused by free radicals, pollutants, chemicals, pesticides, radiation and toxic metals enter the brain with its blood supply.
- The Advanced Learning and Development Institute found that one of the best sources of antioxidants for their participants has been alkaline drinking water. Adding alkaline water to their treatment protocol program has significantly helped many of their patients in cognitive function, showing as much as a 35 percent improvement.
- When you feel the onset of heartburn, it is most likely your body signaling that you have a shortage of water in the upper part of your gastrointestinal tract. Drink 3 cups of water and experience the magical disappearance of the pain.
- Colitis is one of the fastest growing areas of diseases being treated by allopathic medicine. The pain associated with colitis comes from the large intestine squeezing the water out of the excrement. When we are properly hydrated we can avoid the pain of colitis and the onset of other diseases such as ulcerated colitis, internal hemorrhoids, external hemorrhoids, appendicitis, inflammatory bowel disease diverticulitis, polyps, constipation, and possibly colon cancer.
- Studies show if you are only 1% dehydrated, you will likely have a 5% decrease in cognitive function. If your brain drops 2% in body water, you may suffer from fuzzy short-term memory, experience problems with focusing, and have trouble with math computations, all you need to overcome these problems is to balance your water to bodily weight ratio.
Be blessed and drink at least 1/2 yur body weight in ounces of pure clean water everyday.
Creative Health Institute
Union City, Michigan 49094
var so=new SWFObject(‘http://naturalnews.tv/player-licensed.swf’,’mpl’,’480′,’360′,’9′);so.addParam(‘allowscriptaccess’,’always’);so.addParam(‘allowfullscreen’,’true’);so.addParam(‘flashvars’,’config=http://naturalnews.tv/v-flashvars.asp?v=18EFB5DB86D93B29D1310FA2E2229CB6′);so.write(‘player18EFB5DB86D93B29D1310FA2E2229CB6’);