NON-DAIRY VEGAN SUNFLOWER SEED CHEESE
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Blender, Seed Nut Bag
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 cup cubed red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced black olives
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled.
- 2 – 4 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Soak sunflower seeds overnight (or for about 8 hours).
- Drain water and rinse seeds.
- Leave seeds in colander to sprout for a few hours.
- Fill blender with sunflower seeds.
- Add enough to cover seeds: Water or Rejuvelac, 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Blend until creamy (approximately 1 – 2 minutes).
- Pour into nut milk bag.
- Hang bag over a bowl and let drip overnight (or for approximately 8 – 12 hours) to ferment. (Optional: Add the contents of 3 probiotic capsules.)
- Remove mixture from bag and place in mixing bowl.
- Add desired olives – do not blend them into mixture – fold them in after cutting into small chunks or slices.
- Spread on crackers, romaine leaves, or stuff it in a tomato, a piece of celery, or pepper slices.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Will keep up to a week.
Hope you enjoy this wonderful cheese. Its not only delicious its its good for you as it nourishes your body and strengthens your good intestinal flora. Try it with crackers, on lettuce leafs, celery sticks or stuffed peppers.
Love and Blessings, Bobby