This dressing comes together quickly and is surprisingly rich, despite having no oils, seeds, or nuts as a base. The tanginess of the tomatoes and lemon juice nicely offset your favorite sweetener in this recipe—which yields about 1 cup but can be scaled up or down as needed. Try it on any green salad, but also consider putting it on fruit salads or pasta salads!
- 2-3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 bunch of basil or 3 Tbsp of dried flakes
- 3-4 Tbsp sweetener of your choice
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 Tbsp garlic powder
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
2. Store this dressing in the fridge. It will keep for about a week.
All the recipes contained in our blogs and books are copyrighted and were created by and are original to us. We’ve been teaching a series of classes on living foods since 2008, certifying nearly 1000 raw chefs worldwide through these workshops.