SMOKED PEPPER CHEESE LOG ©️
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Food Processor
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 6 small cloves garlic or (Substitute 1/8 teaspoon powder for every clove of garlic)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional) Dry if necessary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves (optional) Dry if necessary
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon smoked black peppercorns, or regular black peppercorns ( for a more peppery taste double the peppercorns)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup filtered water – (use only enough to create a creamy texture)
- Process all ingredients until smooth, adding only enough water/rejuvelac to make a smooth, creamy texture.
- If desired, form the mixture into a log and roll in smoked cracked peppercorns crushed pecans, rosemary and dried cranberries.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
- SPECIAL NOTE: If you would like to age the cheese and make it a probiotic powerhouse. Add 6 probiotic capsules or use rejuvelac instead of water. Let the cheese sit in a bowl and age overnight before rolling it into a log and refrigerating for 2 hours.
Will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
This vegan cheese log is absolutely amazing. It’s my favorite cheese and makes a great Hor D’oeuvre. Serve with living food seed or flax crackers. During the winter holiday season add dried cranberries for a special festive look and taste.