We hope you enjoy this delicious soup Patty and Gigi created last week in the Creative Health Institute kitchen after forgetting to put walnuts in the granola we were making. We noticed the nuts still soaking on the counter and decided to create a soup around them. This is what we came up with. It is a favorite soup of several CHI interns and we hope you will enjoy it as well. For the first two soups in this 20 soups series, just visit these links: Soup # 1 ; Soup # 2.
Serves 6 to 8
3 Cups Walnuts (soaked six hours)
6 Cups Purified Water
2 Large Red Peppers, chopped
1/3 Red Onion, chopped
1/3 Cup Nutritional Yeast
1/3 Cup Coconut Nectar
1 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
Liquefy walnuts and water in high-speed blender into nut milk.
Pour half of milk into large glass or stainless steel bowl.
Add remaining ingredients.
Dehydrate for three hours.
Serve and enjoy!
Since the founding of Creative Health Institute, we have had more than 19,000 guests who have regained their health with raw living foods, raw juices and water fasting. We invite you to visit our website and find out more about our institute and how you can recover your health and happiness.
The following recoveries via fasting were reported by Paavo Airola, from his own practice, in 1971:
- Juice fasting recovery from arthritis in knees and spine, neuritis in legs, emphysema – in less than three weeks walking without his cane.
- Raw juice fasting recovery from: angina, chronic low back pain, high blood pressure – several large fatty tumors – ten days of fasting.
- Juice fasting recovery from: high blood pressure, irregular heart beat, chronic headaches – blood pressure went from 160/100 to 135/80 – headaches disappeared as if by a miracle.
- Raw juice fasting recovery from: asthma – 3 weeks of fasting – breathing was dramatically improved – vitality and strength greatly increased.
- Juice fasting recovery from: chronic bronchitis, chronic tonsilitis, high blood pressure – reduced 12 pounds – no cough, no mucus, no breathing discomfort.
- Juice fasting recovery from: arthritis, overweight, psoriasis – fast of 28 days – reduced 25 pounds and looked younger.
H.E. Kirschner, M.D., writes about the following of his own cases in Live Food Juices (1957):
- Raw juice fasting recovery: 64 year old man with cancer, vegetable juices.
- Juice fasting recovery: 30 year-old woman – jaundice and arthritis.
- Raw juice diet/fasting recovery: 70-year-old woman – cancer of the abdomen.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: 2-year old boy with convulsions.
- Juice fasting recovery: woman – pyo-nephrosis and kidney pain.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: Two babies with leukemia.
- Juice diet/fasting recovery: 77-year-old man – neuralgia of facial nerve, pain, diabetes, blindness.
- Juice fasting recovery: 54-year old man with constipation, hemorrhoids, pain, papilloma, bladder tumors, worms.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: man with heart attack, pain, arthritis, neuritis, bursitis, crippled fingers, prostrate problem.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: 67-year-old woman with arthritis.
Dr. Herbert M. Shelton, fasting retreat director, author of 50+ books, writes in Fasting Can Save Your Life (1964) about the following cases:
- Water fasting: multiple sclerosis, 7 week recovery, male
- Water fasting recoveries within weeks: bronchial asthma, female & male
- Water fasting: arthritis, recovery in weeks, 44-year-old female; recovery in 4 years, male
- Water fasting – recovery in 4 – 6 weeks: migraine
- Water fasting, diet change: hay fever, complete recovery
- Water fasting: heart disease, normalization in few days
- Water-only fasting: colitis
- Water fasting: psoriasis, eczema – recovery within weeks
- Water fasting, diet change: prostatic enlargement – recovery in weeks
- Water-only fasting: gonorrhea
- Water fasting, raw diet: nephritis, Bright’s – recovery in nine months
- Water fasting: gallstones
- Water fasting recovery: tumors of the breast – full recoveries in days or weeks
- Water fasting: sterility in women – 10 day recovery
Arnold deVries wrote about these historical raw food therapy cases in his 1952 book:
- Raw diet and juice fasting: Johanna Brandt – raw grape diet – cures from cancer – constipation, rheumatism, catarrh, gallstones, eczema, jaundice, malaria, hemorrhages – mental disturbances – muscular system.
- Raw cabbage juice fasting: Dr. Garnett Chaney at Stanford University – 63 ulcer patients – pronounced healing – recovery was complete within three weeks or less. – important aid to normal elimination -improves general health.
- Raw foods therapy: German T. L. Birnberg treated diarrhea in children with raw, grated apple – completely successful results in 88 per cent of all cases – abdominal pain – normal stools – reduction of fever within 48 hours – disappearance of mucus in 60 hours.
- Raw foods and juice fasting – improve the intelligence quotients and mental attitudes of backward children – In Germany, Dr. Lottner reported an experiment in which 33 children – raw breakfasts – better work in dictation, arithmetic, letter and drawing tests – less restless – better concentration.
- Raw diet and some juice fasting: Pottenger Sanitarium in California – “the highest grade of raw milk, raw meat, raw vegetables and fruit products obtainable” – defective facial growth has been improved.
- Raw diet and some juice fasting: “Jungborn” a health resort – Germany – Adolph Just – raw foods – inflammatory rheumatism, consumption of the spinal cord, tuberculosis of the bones, dropsy, incipient dropsy, fistula of the rectum, cancer, nervous spasms, deafness, and various digestive ailments and sexual disorders – recoveries were often rapid as well as complete – recovery from inflammatory rheumatism in nine days, and from incipient dropsy in less than a week.
- Raw diet and some juice fasting: – Bircher-Benner clinic – Zurich, Switzerland – strictly raw diet – “sunlight food” – digestive diseases – resovery of one supposedly incurable patient suffering from the Herter-Heubner disease – “staggering success” – “generally brings about a complete change in obstinate cases of many chronic conditions such as stomatitis and ulcers, spine, amoebic dysentery, lambliosis and malaria, kidney troubles, jaundice, eczemas and urticaria, headaches, and schizophrenias, also in cases of varicose, thrombophlebitis and many other conditions.”
- Raw diet and juice fasting: First Medical Clinic of the University of Vienna – exclusive raw food diet ” – capillaries were slowly restored to a normal, vigorous condition.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: “Humlegaarden” – Copenhagen – Dr. I Nolfi – exclusive raw diet – recover from all manner of diseases, including cancer, sterility, obesity, diabetes, heart debilitation, high blood pressure, rheumatism, epilepsy, asthma, and many others. In some cases even grey hair darkens in color.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: Dr. K. Eimer, of the University Medical Clinic at Marburg-Lahn – raw diet – renal or cardiac oedema or the oedema of obesity – diseases of the circulatory system – high blood pressure and diabetes – blood was improved – refractive index of the serum increased.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: Dr. Joseph Evers in Germany – 600 cases of multiple sclerosis – 42 per cent of all patients showed improvement or complete recovery.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: Munich, the German physicians, Friedrich and Peters – raw diet – severe cases of liver cirrhosis, with ascites – successful.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: D. C. Hare, J. F Kinderheilk, W Heupe, I. Kanai, and M. Kuratsune. Dr. Hare, of the Royal Free Hospital in England – exclusive raw diet – arthritic patients – avitaminosis, nephritis, diabetes, and chronic constipation – cardiac disease – diarrhea – heart and kidney diseases – obesity and diabetes – Other diseases, which had failed to yield to conventional medical care, responded favorably to the raw diet – associated with no adverse side-effects.
Wishing all our friends the best day ever,
Program and Health Director
Creative Health Institute