- 4 cups young baby coconut meat – You can buy young baby coconuts at most Asian markets. These are sometimes called Thai Coconuts
- 1 1/2 cups of the baby coconut water – You can enjoy drinking the remaining coconut water leftover from opening your coconuts
- 1/4 cup of rejuvelac – If you do not have rejuvelac break open 2-3 pro-biotic capsules and use them in-place of the rejuvelac
- Put all your ingredients in to your blender and blend till smooth, usually about 1 minute at high speed.
- Pour in to a bowl and place in your dehydrator. Set you temp to 105 degrees and set your time for 4 hours, or until the mixture has the fluffy texture of homemade yogurt. You can alway set the mixture outside if its warm or in the oven at 200 degrees with the door cracked.
Refrigerate for 2 hours, then enjoy alone or with your favorite fruit or berries. Blending in your fruit or berries creates amazing fruit smoothies. I promise, once you make your own vegan coconut yogurt you will not go back to dairy based yogurts.
Coconut Yogurt Benefits
- Fermented live cultures
- Aids digestive health.
- Protects from infections
- May reduce the risk for colon cancer
- Lowers serum cholesterol
- Good source of minerals, vitamins, dietary fiber
- Enhances the immune system providing up regulated protection from certain viruses and bacteria.
If you would like more information on probiotic foods, email me and I will send you more information.
Happy 4th of July. Sending Love and Blessings,