It’s the time of the year to enjoy wonderful warm soups. And just because we’re raw foodists doesn’t mean we have to miss out on the experience. There’s nothing I love more than making soup. Honestly, soup making even beats my love of cookie making.
So, I’ve decided my gift to my CHI friends for Winter 2012 will be 20 delicious gourmet soup recipes. This first recipe is simple and delicious. I’ll be experimenting during the next few months in the Creative Health Institute kitchen with our amazing wholesome ingredients and I promise only to post recipes that are in the same league as this amazing and simply elegant mushroom soup.
I don’t like schedules, so don’t hold me to one. 🙂 But I expect I’ll post about one new soup recipe per week for the next few months. Some weeks I may give you two recipes. I’ll only post recipes that are my own original creations and recipes that are equal in flavor to this one.
I hope you enjoy the soup. This soup project will help me achieve my Chef III Certification. So please comment on the blog or post on Facebook and let us know how you like each recipe.
Love, blessings and warm RAWsome soup,
- 3 cups soaked and dehydrated raw cashews
- 4 cups chopped and dehydrated organic portabella mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups dehydrated roma tomatos
- 10 cups water
- 3/4 cup nurtitional yeast
- 2/3 T himilayan sea salt
- 2/3 T black pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Blend until smooth in Vitamix.
- Blend another five minutes to warm slightly before serving (you do not want to heat this soup in a dehydrator as it ferments and loses its robust mushroom flavor.
NOTE: For Mushroom Gravy, just use one cup less water and follow the same recipe.