Chia seeds are a great source of omega 3’s and are a complete protein. Sesame seeds are a top source for calcium.
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Number of Servings: 100 crackers
5 Cups pure water – you will use this to soak the Chia seeds.
11/2 Cups Chia seeds
2 medium carrots -grated
2 medium celery stalks- chopped
2 medium tomatoes
½ medium white onion
3 medium cloves garlic
2 tbl spoons olive oil
2 tsp basil
2 tsp cumin
¼ cup of sesame seeds – sprinkle on the tops of the crackers as you put them in the dehydrator
1 tbl spoons Celtic sea salt – sprinkle on the top of the crackers as you put them in the dehydrator
- Soak Chia seeds in 5 cups water for 10 minutes.
- Pour off excess water and save seeds to stir into cracker batter.
- Place all other (EXCEPT FOR CHIA SEEDS, SESAME SEEDS AND SALT) ingredients into your food processor.
- Process until you have a smooth paste.
- Place the batter into a large bowl and stir in soaked Chia seeds.
- Spread the batter on to dehydrator sheets, sprinkle on salt and sesame seeds.
- Score batter into cracker squares with a pizza cutter, spatula or knife.
- Turn you dehydrator up to the highest temp until the wetness is off the outside of the crackers. Then lower to 105 degrees leaving the cracker to dehydrate for 12 -15 hours turn them over and dehydrate until crispy.