This creamy red pepper cashew dip recipe only takes about 10 minutes to make.Its dairy free and is will become one of your favorite appetisers. It so delicious it’s hard to believe you’re eating a highly nutritious treat.
Requires blender or food processor.
Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups of cashews (soak the cashews for 4 hours before using)
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (or your favorite seed, nut or grain milk)
- 1 large red pepper
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons of plementos or roasted red pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic (you may substitute garlic powder to taste, if you wish)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (optional bourbon flavored smoked pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place all the ingredients except the plementos, roasted red pepper and chili powder into the blender or food processor.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add more almond milk as needed to give the dip the creamy consistency that you like.
- Stir in the plementos or roasted red pepper and chili powder or use them as a garnish on the dip.
Wishing everyone the healthiest and happiest of summers. Bobby