Its delicious and it good for you. Eat with your favorite cracker or make some raw seed crackers and enjoy.
NON-DAIRY VEGAN SUNFLOWER SEED CHEESE
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Blender, Seed Nut Bag
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 cup cubed red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced black olives
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled.
- 2 – 4 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Soak sunflower seeds overnight (or for about 8 hours).
- Drain water and rinse seeds.
- Leave seeds in colander to sprout for a few hours.
- Fill blender with sunflower seeds.
- Add enough to cover seeds: Water or Rejuvelac, 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Blend until creamy (approximately 1 – 2 minutes).
- Pour into nut milk bag.
- Hang bag over a bowl and let drip overnight (or for approximately 8 – 12 hours) to ferment. (Optional: Add the contents of 3 probiotic capsules.)
- Remove mixture from bag and place in mixing bowl.
- Add desired olives – do not blend them into mixture – fold them in after cutting into small chunks or slices.
- Spread on crackers, romaine leaves, or stuff it in a tomato, a piece of celery, or pepper slices.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Will keep up to a week.
Hope you enjoy this wonderful cheese. Its not only delicious its its good for you as it nourishes your body and strengthens your good intestinal flora. Try it with crackers, on lettuce leafs, celery sticks or stuffed peppers.
Love and Blessings, Bobby
This is a true crowd pleaser. Its quick to make and is great with seed or flax crackers.
SMOKED PEPPER CHEESE LOG
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Food Processor
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 6 small cloves garlic or (Substitute 1/8 teaspoon powder for every clove of garlic)
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon smoked black peppercorns, or regular black peppercorns ( for a more peppery taste double the peppercorns)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup filtered water – (use only enough to create creamy texture)
- Process all ingredients until smooth, adding only enough water/rejuvelac to make a smooth, creamy texture.
- If desired, form mixture into a log and roll in smoked cracked peppercorns.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
- SPECIAL NOTE: If you would like to age the cheese and make it a probiotic powerhouse. Add 6 probiotic capsules or use rejuvelac instead of water. Let the cheese sit in a bowl and age overnight before rolling into a log and refrigerating for 2 hours.
Will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
This vegan cheese log is absolutely amazing. Its my favorite cheese and makes a great orderve. Serve with living food seed or flax crackers. During the winter holiday season add dried cranberries for a special festive look and taste.