Eating the right foods can help manage blood sugar fluxuations.
Leafy Green Vegetables Are Nutritional Powerhouses
Raw or cooked leafy green vegetables are storehouses of vital minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and enzymes. They add color, flavor, and texture to any meal. Make your Greens go beyond the norm. Make smoothies with greens as the base. Make your salads your meal. Try the following:
Kale -It’s rich in antioxidants minerals and vitamins. Vitamins A, C, and K are found in abundance. Don’t forget to pound the kale to soften it if you are eating it raw. See kale chips for a fun way of eating kale.
Microgreens – These small and delicious green are usually immature sunflower greens, but can be grown from almost any of the greens when picked immature. Dr. Ann Wigmore made the famous. Microgreens are packed with nutrients, especially vitamins C, E, and K, and the best thing is you can grow these indoors years around.
Collard Greens – Are one green that is best tasting and easily digested when you cook them and add a little apple cider vinegar on them to enhance their flavor. Their leaves are thick and somewhat bitter, so if you use them raw in salads or smoothies, use them sparingly. They’re one of the plant worlds best sources of vitamin K.
Spinach – Just one cup of raw spinach provides 181% of the DV for vitamin K, 56% of the DV for vitamin A and 13% of the DV for manganese. Goes great in smoothies and salads and taste wonderful cooked alone or incorporated into 100’s of other cooked foods.
Beet Greens – Great when chopped into salads, put in smoothies or juiced. – They are full of minerals like potassium, calcium, riboflavin. Like most greens vitamins A and K are prevalent. One cup of cooked beet greens contains 220% of the DV for vitamin A, 37% of the DV for potassium and 17% of the DV for fiber. When eaten raw in a salad or smoothie, you get the benefit of the life food enzymes.
Romaine – It’s a good source of vitamins A 82% DV and K 60% DV. Romaine works excellent as a basis for salads as well as an addition to smoothies. It’s also one of the best sources of dietary nitrates, that turn into nitric oxide.
Arugula – Like all green leafy vegetables Arugula is rich in vitamins A and K. B9, and has one of the highest levels naturally occurring nitrates, which may help reduce blood pressure, improve blood sugar and blood flow.
Turnip Greens – Filled with nutrients they are more nutritious than the turnip itself. The greens are exploding with calcium, manganese, folate and vitamins A, C, and K. Great in small amounts in smoothies and salads. They are most delicious when cooked.
Tomorrow I will teach you about the fruits and berries you can eat once you have your blood sugar normalize.
Wishing you the best day ever! Bobby
The Raw living food diets primary foundation is made-up of organic plant-based based sprouted food which contains the highest levels of bio-available nutrients known to mankind. Raw living foods serve as the main holistic modality for naturopathic counselors, nutritionist and doctors who are focusing on preventing sickness and chronic diseases. The raw living food diet and healing philosophies are based on the principle that cooking foods change their molecular structure destroying enzymes, phytonutrients, vitamins, proteins and minerals that are beneficial to the body. Following are some of the major benefits associated with this diet.
Health Are Some Of The Benefits Creative Health Institute Believes To Be Associated The Raw Living Food Diet.
- Balances blood sugar and alleviates the symptoms of diabetes
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Lower bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol
- Help people with fibromyalgia and associated diseases
- Helps to keep the body’s systems operating at the optimum level
- Help to overcome addictive behaviors including smoking
- Promote weight loss or weight gain as necessary
- Help boost the metabolism and stops obesity
- Prevents and reduces high blood pressure
- Decreased the risk of many types of cancers and may even play a part in the healing process
- Helps keep inflammation under control and reduces it or removes it completely
- Alleviates the symptoms rheumatoid arthritis and other joint and bone issues
This list is just a start… Think about how you have benefited from a raw living food diet and list the benefits you have received.
Wishing everyone the greatest weekend ever and don’t forget to drink a shot of wheatgrass everyday.
Robert “Bobby” Morgan
Creative Health Institute
Since the founding of Creative Health Institute, we have had more than 19,000 guests who have regained their health with raw living foods, raw juices and water fasting. We invite you to visit our website and find out more about our institute and how you can recover your health and happiness.
The following recoveries via fasting were reported by Paavo Airola, from his own practice, in 1971:
- Juice fasting recovery from arthritis in knees and spine, neuritis in legs, emphysema – in less than three weeks walking without his cane.
- Raw juice fasting recovery from: angina, chronic low back pain, high blood pressure – several large fatty tumors – ten days of fasting.
- Juice fasting recovery from: high blood pressure, irregular heart beat, chronic headaches – blood pressure went from 160/100 to 135/80 – headaches disappeared as if by a miracle.
- Raw juice fasting recovery from: asthma – 3 weeks of fasting – breathing was dramatically improved – vitality and strength greatly increased.
- Juice fasting recovery from: chronic bronchitis, chronic tonsilitis, high blood pressure – reduced 12 pounds – no cough, no mucus, no breathing discomfort.
- Juice fasting recovery from: arthritis, overweight, psoriasis – fast of 28 days – reduced 25 pounds and looked younger.
H.E. Kirschner, M.D., writes about the following of his own cases in Live Food Juices (1957):
- Raw juice fasting recovery: 64 year old man with cancer, vegetable juices.
- Juice fasting recovery: 30 year-old woman – jaundice and arthritis.
- Raw juice diet/fasting recovery: 70-year-old woman – cancer of the abdomen.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: 2-year old boy with convulsions.
- Juice fasting recovery: woman – pyo-nephrosis and kidney pain.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: Two babies with leukemia.
- Juice diet/fasting recovery: 77-year-old man – neuralgia of facial nerve, pain, diabetes, blindness.
- Juice fasting recovery: 54-year old man with constipation, hemorrhoids, pain, papilloma, bladder tumors, worms.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: man with heart attack, pain, arthritis, neuritis, bursitis, crippled fingers, prostrate problem.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: 67-year-old woman with arthritis.
Dr. Herbert M. Shelton, fasting retreat director, author of 50+ books, writes in Fasting Can Save Your Life (1964) about the following cases:
- Water fasting: multiple sclerosis, 7 week recovery, male
- Water fasting recoveries within weeks: bronchial asthma, female & male
- Water fasting: arthritis, recovery in weeks, 44-year-old female; recovery in 4 years, male
- Water fasting – recovery in 4 – 6 weeks: migraine
- Water fasting, diet change: hay fever, complete recovery
- Water fasting: heart disease, normalization in few days
- Water-only fasting: colitis
- Water fasting: psoriasis, eczema – recovery within weeks
- Water fasting, diet change: prostatic enlargement – recovery in weeks
- Water-only fasting: gonorrhea
- Water fasting, raw diet: nephritis, Bright’s – recovery in nine months
- Water fasting: gallstones
- Water fasting recovery: tumors of the breast – full recoveries in days or weeks
- Water fasting: sterility in women – 10 day recovery
Arnold deVries wrote about these historical raw food therapy cases in his 1952 book:
- Raw diet and juice fasting: Johanna Brandt – raw grape diet – cures from cancer – constipation, rheumatism, catarrh, gallstones, eczema, jaundice, malaria, hemorrhages – mental disturbances – muscular system.
- Raw cabbage juice fasting: Dr. Garnett Chaney at Stanford University – 63 ulcer patients – pronounced healing – recovery was complete within three weeks or less. – important aid to normal elimination -improves general health.
- Raw foods therapy: German T. L. Birnberg treated diarrhea in children with raw, grated apple – completely successful results in 88 per cent of all cases – abdominal pain – normal stools – reduction of fever within 48 hours – disappearance of mucus in 60 hours.
- Raw foods and juice fasting – improve the intelligence quotients and mental attitudes of backward children – In Germany, Dr. Lottner reported an experiment in which 33 children – raw breakfasts – better work in dictation, arithmetic, letter and drawing tests – less restless – better concentration.
- Raw diet and some juice fasting: Pottenger Sanitarium in California – “the highest grade of raw milk, raw meat, raw vegetables and fruit products obtainable” – defective facial growth has been improved.
- Raw diet and some juice fasting: “Jungborn” a health resort – Germany – Adolph Just – raw foods – inflammatory rheumatism, consumption of the spinal cord, tuberculosis of the bones, dropsy, incipient dropsy, fistula of the rectum, cancer, nervous spasms, deafness, and various digestive ailments and sexual disorders – recoveries were often rapid as well as complete – recovery from inflammatory rheumatism in nine days, and from incipient dropsy in less than a week.
- Raw diet and some juice fasting: – Bircher-Benner clinic – Zurich, Switzerland – strictly raw diet – “sunlight food” – digestive diseases – resovery of one supposedly incurable patient suffering from the Herter-Heubner disease – “staggering success” – “generally brings about a complete change in obstinate cases of many chronic conditions such as stomatitis and ulcers, spine, amoebic dysentery, lambliosis and malaria, kidney troubles, jaundice, eczemas and urticaria, headaches, and schizophrenias, also in cases of varicose, thrombophlebitis and many other conditions.”
- Raw diet and juice fasting: First Medical Clinic of the University of Vienna – exclusive raw food diet ” – capillaries were slowly restored to a normal, vigorous condition.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: “Humlegaarden” – Copenhagen – Dr. I Nolfi – exclusive raw diet – recover from all manner of diseases, including cancer, sterility, obesity, diabetes, heart debilitation, high blood pressure, rheumatism, epilepsy, asthma, and many others. In some cases even grey hair darkens in color.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: Dr. K. Eimer, of the University Medical Clinic at Marburg-Lahn – raw diet – renal or cardiac oedema or the oedema of obesity – diseases of the circulatory system – high blood pressure and diabetes – blood was improved – refractive index of the serum increased.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: Dr. Joseph Evers in Germany – 600 cases of multiple sclerosis – 42 per cent of all patients showed improvement or complete recovery.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: Munich, the German physicians, Friedrich and Peters – raw diet – severe cases of liver cirrhosis, with ascites – successful.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: D. C. Hare, J. F Kinderheilk, W Heupe, I. Kanai, and M. Kuratsune. Dr. Hare, of the Royal Free Hospital in England – exclusive raw diet – arthritic patients – avitaminosis, nephritis, diabetes, and chronic constipation – cardiac disease – diarrhea – heart and kidney diseases – obesity and diabetes – Other diseases, which had failed to yield to conventional medical care, responded favorably to the raw diet – associated with no adverse side-effects.
Wishing all our friends the best day ever,
Program and Health Director
Creative Health Institute
JUICE FASTING RECOVERIES – DIFFERENT CONDITIONS
- Juice fasting: New York Post Graduate Hospital – cases of consumption – raw vegetable juices each day – within seven months the eleven patients were discharged as fit subjects for a life insurance risk.
- Raw juice fasting: Los Angeles at the Olive View Sanatorium – 200 tuberculosis patients – raw vegetable juices – recovery.
- Juice fasting: Kirshner – raw vegetable juices – recoveries from heart disease, prostrate gland disease, cancer, neuritis, arthritis, and hemorrhoids.
- Raw juice fasting: Dr. Kirshner – severe case of splenic leukemia – raw carrot juice – recovery was complete within 18 months – no recurrence.
- Juice fasting: Dr. Max Gerson – raw vegetable juices – treatment for cancer – gratifying results in about 50 per cent of his cancer cases – many complete recoveries.
- Juice fasting and raw diet: Dr. J. R. Davidson, Toronto – curing a number of cancer patients – raw vegetables, and raw vegetable juices.
- Raw juice fasting: Great Britain – The Ministry of Health and Public Health Service Laboratory report – pointing out the value of juices – in a wide variety of diseased conditions – hypertension, cardiovascular and kidney diseases and obesity – rheumatic, degenerative and toxic states. Juices have an all-around protective action.
- Juice fasting and raw diet: Great Britain report – good results – peptic ulceration – chronic diarrhea, colitis and toxemia of gastro and intestinal origin.
- Raw diet and juice fasting: Dr. Harold F Hawkins – at least half of all foods used in their raw state – pyorrhea, including infection of the alveolar bone which supports the teeth and gums – definite improvement in 60 or 90 days – improvement in bone density in about a year.
- Raw diet and juice fasting: Dr. Milton T. Hanke, University of Chicago and the Chicago Dental Research Club – adding the uncooked juices of citrus fruits to a conventional diet – 50 per cent reduction in the incidence of dental caries – almost complete disappearance of gingivitis.
Normal blood sugar level range between 80 and 120. A dangerous blood sugar level can mean it is too high or to low. Creative Health Institute does not treat or diagnosis diabetes. After you have been diagnosed diabetes type 2, we can teach you how to work on reversing it and bringing your blood sugar levels into the normal range, usually within 21 days. Whether you have diabetes or not you should consult your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of abnormal blood sugar, or feel that its not within the normal range. So consult with your doctor, then you can make an informed decision as to where to go from there.
Some symptoms of abnormal blood sugar levels
- The first symptom of diabetes is often excessive thirst (unrelated to exercise, hot weather, or short-term illness)
- Excessive hunger (you know you’ve eaten “enough” but are still hungry all the time)
- Frequent urination (often noticed because you must wake up repeatedly during the night)
- Tiredness and fatigue (possibly severe enough to make you fall asleep unexpectedly after meals), one of the most common symptoms of diabetes.
While many of the signs and symptoms of diabetes can also be related to other causes, testing for diabetes is very easy, and the constant/regular presence of one or more of these symptoms over an extended period of time should be checked by a physician.
If diabetes is suspected, tested for, and diagnosed when those symptoms first start appearing, other more serious symptoms of advanced diabetes can often be prevented or have their onset significantly delayed through diet, exercise and proper blood sugar management.
However, often the ‘minor’ symptoms of diabetes go unrecognized, and physical and neurological problems may arise, resulting in some of the following symptoms:
- Blurred vision(diabetes can lead to macular degeneration and eventual blindness)
- Numbness and/or tingling in the hands and feet. (symptoms of diabetes which causes nerve damage in the extremities)
- Slow healing of minor scratches and wounds (diabetes often leads to impaired immune system function)
- Recurrent or hard-to-treat yeast infections in women (another sign of impaired immune function)
- Dry or itchy skin (peripheral neuropathy also affects circulation and proper sweat gland function)
If you or someone you know are experiencing these symptoms an appointment with a physician should be made as soon as possible.
With Type 2 diabetes your body might be producing too little insulin, or it might not be reacting to the insulin correctly. Either way, the end result is that glucose builds up in the bloodstream instead of going into the cells. Left untreated, high blood sugar can cause serious long-term health problems.
Type 2 diabetes usually appears later in life, often between the ages of 35-45 years. As it often develops slowly, many people may not recognise the symptoms, and may have diabetes without knowing it.
If you have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, you are one of the lucky ones. Many people have diabetes without knowing it, and are at much greater risk of long term medical complications.
Finding out you have diabetes can be upsetting, but it should not prevent you from living a long and happy life. You may need to make a few changes in your lifestyle, but these changes are also good advice for non-diabetics, so probably a good idea anyway.