Food Combining Guidelines
- Avoid eating carbohydrates, starches, sugar or sweet fruits with acid fruits. Too many times we mix: (strawberries and bananas) (cereal with strawberries) (pineapple upside down cake).
- Avoid eating concentrated proteins with concentrated carbohydrates. (meat and potatoes)
- Do not consume two concentrated proteins at the same meal. (meat and cheese*) (nuts and cheese) (shrimp and steak) (avocado and nuts)
- Do not consume fats with proteins. (cheese* and meat again)
- Use fats sparingly. Beware of many items in the store that say “no fat” in their sales pitch. They wouldn’t contain fat anyway. (animal fats, dairy products, palm oil, cottonseed oil and coconut)
- Do not eat acid fruits with proteins. Some lemon juice is fine on proteins. Avocados combine well with acid fruit, sub-acid fruit and greens. (pineapple and ham) (tomatoes, meat, noodles – goulash, spaghetti)
- Do not combine sweet fruits with proteins, starches or acid fruits, a common dessert mistake. (bananas on cereals) (strawberries and bananas) (dried fruit dehydrates the stomach).
- Eat only one concentrated starch at a meal (potatoes, corn, pumpkin, etc.).
- Acid fruits may be used with sub-acid fruits. Don’t combine fruits opposite ends; combine at mid-ground.
- Sub-acid fruits may be used with sweet fruit.
- Combine fruit only with lettuce and celery. Lettuce and celery may even enhance fruit digestion.
- Salads combine very well with proteins, oil and starches. Greens should make up a majority of our diet. They leave the stomach quickly unless weighed down by oily dressings.
- Sprouts are great. The best way to eat grains: referring back to #12, salads go well with starches or grains, so sprouts are great with salad.
- Do not consume melons with any other foods. They move through the stomach in 20 minutes. If melons don’t agree with you, try them alone.
- Liquids should not be used at any meal. Dilutes your digestive juices / Prevents us from chewing / Prevents us from secreting saliva.
*Keep in mind Creative Health Institutes program does not include meat, dairy, or any other food products linked to animals.
Wishing everyone the best year ever.
Creative Health Instituute