EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Food processor & Blender
INGREDIENTS: PART 1
- 3 cups raw shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 Medjool dates pitted (you may add more for a sweeter taste)
- 1/8 cup alfalfa sprouts – Optional – This makes sure you have a live food desert.
- ½ cup coconut nectar (you may use less)
- 1 tablespoon non-alcoholic, pure vanilla extract
INGREDIENTS PART 2 – Prepare in a separate bowl
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter – be sure to grate
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder – be sure to sift
- 1/3 cup sweetener; coconut nectar or yacon
- 1/4 tsp lecithin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- PART 1 – Blend all ingredients from part 1, in the food processor until well mixed.
Use a cookie scooper to make tablespoon sized elongated balls, or roll them by hand. Best to do this on your dehydrator tray. Don’t forget to put two almonds on each one, You want them to look like Almond Joys. Dehydrate at 105° for 2 – 3 hours. We need the coconut to become firm.
- PART 2 – Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender till smooth.
Dip the Almond Joys in the chocolate and place on a teflex sheet or wax paper and place in the fridge for at least an hour. Bring them out and enjoy eating a healthy snack. Remember these are snacks, not your main meal.
Enjoy and be Blessed , Bobby.