Author: Robert Morgan, Certified Naturopath
Menopause Symptom Reduction Herbs
Comment and ask for a free download of our book, Historic Holistic Menopause Relief, by Bobby Morgan & Sue Ellen Meisheri
This post is for subscribers
Do You Know the Signs Associated With Diabetes?
Remember, if left unchecked, diabetes can lead to many other health complications…
This post is for subscribers
Is Colon Hydrotherapy Worth A Try?
This post is for subscribers
Can Intermittent Fasting Improve My Health?
The Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting has become a popular trend in recent years, with many people claiming it has helped them lose weight, improve their health, and increase their energy levels. But what exactly is intermittent fasting, and what are its benefits?
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is a type of eating pattern that involves alternating periods of fasting and eating. There are several different methods of intermittent fasting, but the most common ones are:
- 16/8 Method: This involves fasting for 16 hours and eating within an 8-hour window.
- 20:4 fasting, This involves collapsing the eating time of all of your food to a 4-hour window.
- 5:2 Diet: This involves eating normally five days a week and restricting calorie intake to 500-600 calories for the other two days.
- Alternate Day Fasting: Fasting every other day and eating normally on non-fasting days.
- Fasting 1-2 full days a week or not eating for 24 hours once or twice weekly.
Proven Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting can be an effective way to lose weight, as it can help reduce calorie intake and increase fat burning. Studies have shown that intermittent fasting can lead to a significant reduction in body weight, body fat, and waist circumference.
Improved Health Markers
Intermittent fasting has been shown to improve several health markers, including blood sugar levels, insulin sensitivity, and cholesterol levels. It can also reduce inflammation in the body, which is a risk factor for many chronic diseases.
Increased Energy Levels
Many people who practice intermittent fasting report increased energy levels and improved mental clarity. Fasting has been shown to increase the release of the hormone norepinephrine, which can improve focus and alertness.
Intermittent fasting has been linked to increased lifespan in animal studies. While more research is needed to determine if this applies to humans, it is thought that fasting can help protect against age-related diseases and increase overall health span.
There is significant research on intermittent fasting and its potential health benefits. Here are a few studies on intermittent fasting:
A review of the research conducted by the National Institute on Aging found that intermittent fasting has wide-ranging health benefits, including improvements in cardiovascular health, brain function, and metabolic health.
A systematic review of 40 studies found intermittent fasting was effective for weight loss, with a typical loss of 7-11 pounds over 10 weeks.
A randomized controlled trial found that intermittent fasting may impart metabolic benefits independent of energy balance by initiating fasting-mediated mechanisms.
A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that intermittent fasting may improve healthspan and promote longevity by enhancing cellular stress resistance.
It’s important to note that while these studies suggest the potential benefits of intermittent fasting, more research is needed to fully understand its effects on health. Additionally, intermittent fasting may not be appropriate for everyone, and individuals should consult with a healthcare professional before starting an intermittent fasting regimen.
Intermittent fasting is a simple and effective way to improve your health and well-being. Whether you want to lose weight, improve your health markers, or increase your energy levels, intermittent fasting may be worth considering. As with any dietary change, it is essential to speak with your doctor before starting an intermittent fasting regimen.
What is the number 1 cancer-fighting food?
Never give up,,, There is always hope!
The number 1 cancer-fighting food is not a specific food, but rather a group of plant-based foods that contain phytochemicals. These foods include berries, broccoli, tomatoes, walnuts, grapes, and other vegetables, fruits, and nuts . Research has shown that a diet filled with a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, and other plant foods helps lower the risk of many cancers . Phytochemicals, which are found in plant-based foods, have been shown to have anti-cancer effects in laboratory studies . Therefore, consuming a diet rich in plant-based foods that contain phytochemicals may help reduce the risk of cancer.
What Starves Cancer Cells?
A low-protein diet blocked the mTOR pathway in cancer cells,
According to recent research, a low-protein diet may block the nutrient signaling pathway that fires up a master regulator of cancer growth, potentially starving cancer cells . The study found that a low-protein diet blocked the mTOR pathway in cancer cells, which is a key pathway that regulates cell growth and metabolism . This finding suggests that a low-protein diet may be a promising approach to cancer treatment, though more research is needed to determine the specific effects of this diet on human cancer incidence and prognosis.
Can Fasting Help Reduce or Eliminate Cancer Cells?
“There’s always hope beyond what you see.” “It’s possible not just to survive, but to thrive and to live a healthy, wonderful life again.” “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” “Cancer is like a teeter-totter.
Several studies have been conducted on how fasting may affect cancer treatment. The results suggest that when people fast, the body creates conditions that limit the spread and growth of cancer cells . In some cases, fasting may even be used as a treatment for cancer. This is because it can reduce the number and size of tumors in people who have already been diagnosed .
Preliminary studies suggest that prolonged fasting in some patients with cancer may help decrease chemotherapy-related toxicity and tumor growth.
Chemotherapy can cause serious side effects, but short-term fasting has been shown to offer protection and enhance the efficacy of chemotherapy in numerous distinct malignancies—including breast cancer, melanoma, and colorectal cancer.
Fasting may reduce blood glucose levels, making it harder for cancers to grow because they consume much more glucose than normal cells. Fasting can reduce oxidative stress, which is important because many cancers are caused by oxidative damage.
Fasting can increase the number of cancer-fighting immune cells (natural killer cells), which may be important because cancers often evade detection by the immune system. Fasting can reduce oxidative stress, which is important because many cancers are caused by oxidative damage.
Fasting can increase the number of cancer-fighting immune cells (natural killer cells), which may be important because cancers often evade detection by the immune system.
Disclaimer: However, more research is needed to determine the specific effects of fasting on human cancer incidence and prognosis. If you are diagnosed with cancer make sure to consult with your health care providers before fasting.
Is Bathing in Chlorinated Water Dangerous?
You can purchase chlorine reduction filters online.
Studies Show Increased Risks of Cancer by Drinking, Bathing, or Swimming in Chlorinated Water
The findings are the first to suggest that these chemicals can be harmful when they are inhaled or absorbed through the skin, as well as when they are ingested.
In a Municipal Institute of Medical Research in Barcelona study, Dr. Cristina Villanueva and colleagues found that… people who had been exposed to chlorinated water for five years or more were at a 46 percent greater risk of bladder cancer than those with less exposure.
The researchers compared the drinking, bathing, and swimming habits of 2,941 bladder cancer patients with those of 7,843 healthy people. They found that people who had been exposed to tap water containing chlorine or bromine used to disinfect water can produce by-products that have been tied to increased all types of cancer risks
Villanueva and her colleagues point out that the most prevalent form of chlorination by-products, trihalomethanes (THM), can be absorbed through skin and inhalation as well.
To explore the relationship between lifetime exposure to trihalomethanes (THMs) and bladder cancer, researchers matched 1,219 individuals who had been diagnosed with bladder cancer with 1,271 people from similar backgrounds who did not have the disease, having them report how frequently they drink chlorinated water, swim in pools or hose down with it.
The researchers found that people living in households with an average household trihalomethane concentration above 8 micrograms per liter had double the risk of bladder cancer compared to those who lived in districts where water contained less than 49 micrograms/liter. Trihalomethanes (THM) levels of about 50 micrograms per liter are common in industrialized societies, they note.
People who consumed chlorinated water were 35% more likely to get bladder cancer than those who didn’t, while people exposed regularly to swimming pools faced a 57% greater risk. And those who took longer showers or baths and lived in municipalities with higher trihalomethanes (THM) levels were also at increased cancer risks.
Trihalomethanes (THM), which are absorbed through the skin or lungs, may have a stronger carcinogenic effect than when they enter through the stomach due to detoxification by the liver.
The implications of these studies are significant since it shows that even low-level exposure to these contaminants carries a risk to public health.
Chlorine is a widely researched chemical element that is used in various industries and applications. Several research studies have been conducted on chlorine, including its use in water treatment systems, disinfection of wastewater, and its effectiveness in eliminating the SARS-CoV-2 virus. A review article on the mechanism of chlorine disinfection in wastewater discusses the removal of disinfection by-products (DBPs) and the efficiency of the water treatment process with chlorine. Another research paper focuses on the effectiveness of disinfectant residuals in the distribution system, demonstrating that free chlorine is able to provide 99.99% inactivation of viruses. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also provides information on chlorine and its uses in various industries. The NIOSH Worker Notification Program notifies workers and other stakeholders about the findings of these research studies.
The American Journal of Epidemiology https://academic.oup.com/aje/
Peace and blessings now and forever!
Robert Morgan – Bobby
Does Ice Cream Really Have Any Health Benefits?
“Can our “All American” favorite treat really be a health food in disguise?
There is no definitive answer to whether ice cream is healthy or not, as opinions among scientists and health experts are divided. Some studies suggest that ice cream may have health benefits, while others warn that it is high in calories and added sugar, and low in nutrients. According to Healthline, most ice creams are calorie-dense and contain added sugar, and even low-fat and no-sugar-added choices are still high in calories. However, ice cream also contains nutrients like calcium, potassium, and magnesium that help maintain healthy blood pressure levels and strong teeth and bones, as mentioned by University Health News. Additionally, a study cited by The Atlantic found that among diabetics, eating half a cup of ice cream a day was associated with a lower risk of heart problems. It is important to enjoy ice cream in moderation and to consider the nutritional value of the specific type of ice cream being consumed. . In addition to the above, ice cream is also a source of protein and fat. A single serving of vanilla frozen yogurt contains about 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fat, while one cup of chocolate ice cream has 4.7 grams of protein and 5.3 grams of fat. To put this in perspective, a half cup of vanilla frozen yogurt contains about 10% of the recommended daily intake (RDI) for protein and 5% of the RDI for fat. One cup of chocolate ice cream has about 20% of the RDI for protein and 10% of that same amount for fat.
We Can Have A Healthier Life When We Practice Having A Positive Attitude
Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude In Life…
Research suggests that a positive attitude can contribute to physical and emotional well-being, potentially aiding in the healing process of various conditions and diseases, including serious ones such as cancer and heart disease . For instance, studies have found that individuals with a positive outlook on life and aging may live longer and have better overall health outcomes . Additionally, developing a sense of meaning and purpose in life can contribute to emotional wellness. Focusing on what’s important to you may lead to lower blood pressure, reduced risk for heart disease, healthier weight, better blood sugar levels, and longer life . While more research is needed to fully understand the relationship between a positive attitude and healing from diseases, there is evidence to suggest that positive thinking can have a beneficial impact on one’s health and well-being. In order to cultivate a positive attitude, you need to keep your mind focused on the positive aspects of life.
One way to do this is by practicing mindfulness meditation. Mindfulness meditation involves focusing your attention on the present moment without judgment instead of worrying about the past or future. By doing this daily for just five minutes, you can learn how to stay in the moment and develop a healthier perspective on life.
You may feel that you don’t have enough time to meditate, but studies show that even just five minutes a day can make a difference. If you want to start with mindfulness meditation, here are some tips:
-Find a quiet place where you won’t be interrupted for five minutes. This could be your bedroom or living room if it’s free at the moment. -Sit up straight with your back against a wall if possible. This will help you stay alert and focused on your breathing.
-Close your eyes and breathe deeply through your nose for five minutes. Try to clear all other thoughts from your mind as you focus on the feeling of air entering and leaving your lungs. -When your mind wanders, simply bring it back to the breath. -Try meditating for five minutes every day and gradually increase your time as you get more comfortable with it. As with everything you do, keep a positive attitude and enjoy every moment
Potential Health Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence.
Turmeric has a number of potential health benefits. According to the Cleveland Clinic, it has antioxidant properties, and one study shows that it may protect your body from free radicals by neutralizing them. Another study suggests that turmeric’s antioxidant effects may also stimulate the activity of other antioxidants, and it may lower the risk of heart disease.
Johns Hopkins Medicine states that research studies have shown some possible benefits of turmeric for inflammation, degenerative eye conditions, metabolic syndrome, arthritis, hyperlipidemia (cholesterol in the blood), anxiety, muscle soreness after exercise, and kidney health. However, turmeric supplements may not be a good idea, according to the same source.
The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) notes that turmeric is promoted as a dietary supplement for a variety of conditions, including arthritis, digestive disorders, respiratory infections, allergies, liver disease, depression, and many others. It is a common spice and a major ingredient in curry powder.
Healthline reports that turmeric, and its active ingredient, curcumin, may have anti-inflammatory, anticancer, antioxidant, and other benefits. It may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence.
Turmeric and its primary compound, curcumin, offer several health benefits, according to Verywell Health. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, turmeric may help reduce joint pain, boost cognitive function and mood, and support heart health. Curcumin may also help protect against cancer and type 2 diabetes.
CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin: The Fountain of Youth? Maybe!
In the 21st century the medical comunity is beginning to redefine aging.
40 is the new 30 and 60 is the new 40.
Until just a few years ago growing older and all the negative side effects associated with aging seemed inevitable; But it’s a new day and cutting edge scientist, researchers and physicians are discovering way to retard the aging process and in some areas even turn back the hands of time.
We now know that if given the opportunity the body’s systems always seek a healthy balance, especially at the cellular level. Now we know about cell functions and how peptides can induce cellular reactions that protects allows us to prevent their breakdown and reinvigorate our bodies systems no matter how old we are.
That effectively means this: we can keep ourselves young.
Peptide therapy is one way that we’re starting to do that. Some forward-looking physicians and medical practitioners are now using peptides as a way to reverse the cellular clock in your body and enable it to function like it used to when you were younger.
One of the exciting peptides in this field is CJC-1295.
What is CJC-1295?
CJC-1295 is the creative (or not!) name that scientists have assigned to a particular synthetic peptide.
“Synthetic peptide” just means that it’s a chain of amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) that was created by scientists. It was made to chemically resemble a hormone that your body already makes called growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH). GHRH is part of your body’s system to regulate the production and release of growth hormone (GH).
Why growth hormone matters
Growth hormone is essential. It’s involved in a ton of important bodily processes, especially those that support the creation and repair of tissue. For example, it’s involved in muscle gains after a workout, rejuvenating skin cells, repairing injured tissues, improving immune system functioning, and much more.
Basically, when new cells are being created, growth hormone is part of that process.
Most people produce lots of growth hormone when they’re young—it’s an important part of children’s development into adulthood. And production of growth hormone continues to be high going into young adulthood.
Growth hormone declines with age
But—surprise—it starts to decline with age. Growth hormone levels in the blood are much lower in older adults than they are in young adults. That’s part of the reason that your body takes longer to recover as you get older: it doesn’t have the hormonal support it needs to repair and heal itself.
Increasing growth hormone can be a powerful part of an anti-aging therapy strategy.
But how can you increase GH levels?
While it’s possible to supplement growth hormone directly, it’s not ideal. Directly supplementing GH can lead to some nasty side effects.
Instead, it’s just as effective—and easier on the body—to supplement the other chemicals that regulate growth hormone.
Growth hormone secretagogues
That’s where “growth hormone secretagogues” come in. Growth hormone secretagogues make up a group of peptides that stimulate the production and secretion of growth hormone.
That means that they stimulate the body to produce and secrete its own growth hormone. That turns out to be a lot easier on your body.
What does CJC-1295 do?
CJC-1295 is one of those growth hormone secretagogues.
What it does is mimic your body’s naturally made growth hormone-releasing hormone. By doing that, CJC-1295 is able to bind to the same receptors that GHRH does. And so it has the same effect: it tells your body to produce more growth hormone.
What is Ipamorelin?
Ipamorelin is another growth hormone secretagogue. The end result of Ipamorelin is the same as CJC-1295: it increases the GH that’s available in your blood and that makes it to cells.
But Ipamorelin works slightly differently from CJC-1295.
The chemistry is slightly complicated, but very briefly, Ipamorelin falls into a different category called growth hormone-releasing peptides (GHRPs). GHRPs mimic a substance your body makes called Ghrelin, which is also involved in the regulation of growth hormone.
Ghrelin helps turn down something called somatostatin—an inhibitor of GH. So Ghrelin basically creates the right conditions for growth hormone to be secreted.
What does Ipamorelin do?
Ipamorelin mimics Ghrelin. Because it looks the same to your body as Ghrelin, it has the same effect of turning down somatostatin and encouraging your body to secrete more GH.
CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin have complementary effects
GHRHs, like CJC-1295, and GHRPs, like Ipamorelin, work together.
CJC-1295 tells your body to produce more GH. Then, Ipamorelin creates an environment where GH can easily be secreted.
Together, CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin pack a one-two punch for upping your GH levels and supporting your body to create new tissue.
What are the potential benefits of Ipamorelin and CJC-1295?
Great, so CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin can work together to increase the amount of growth hormone in your blood. We know that they both really do increase GH, and this helps your cells get what they need to function properly, repair themselves, and create new, healthy cells.
But what does that actually mean for you?
What are the potential health benefits that you would actually notice?
First, I should make it clear that the research is still being done. We don’t yet thoroughly understand all of the effects of either Ipamorelin or CJC-1295. The results look promising, but we still need to do more to gain a comprehensive understanding.
Still, based on the existing research, there are several potential benefits to your health that you’ll be able to notice.
Faster muscle growth
No alt text provided for this image
Faster muscle growth is possible with CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin
Higher levels of growth hormone in the blood make it easier for your body to synthesize proteins and muscle fibers. That means CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin support muscle building: they make it easier for you to gain muscle mass.
Indeed, several studies have found that higher GH levels in the blood lead to significant muscle gains and greater strength. That’s part of the reason that CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin are so popular in bodybuilding communities.
Another benefit of the higher GH levels that come from growth hormone secretagogues is that they tend to spur on higher metabolism. The bigger the metabolism “fire,” the more fat gets burned.
Of course, neither CJC-1295 nor any other peptide is a magic weight-loss solution. It takes some effort to lose weight: you have to exercise, eat a reasonably healthy diet, and more. But helping your cells get what they need to actually burn the fat can certainly help.
You already know that age takes a toll on the skin. What’s happening is that the collagen in the skin is breaking down, and is not being replaced. That makes the skin less elastic and thinner. And that leads to wrinkles.
The formation and maintenance of collagen rely on growth hormone. And it turns out that increasing the amount of growth hormone that’s available in the blood makes it easier for the body to replace collagen. The result is younger-looking skin.
No alt text provided for this image
Quality sleep affects many aspects of your life.
Sleep and growth hormone are linked.
Much of your body’s growth hormone is secreted while you sleep. That makes sense since sleep is when your body does the most repair of tissue. If you think your muscles grow in the gym, you’re wrong: the gym may initiate the growth, but that growth happens when you sleep.
But it turns out that it goes the other way, too: CJC-1295 appears to improve sleep as well. And better sleep means better health and general bodily functioning.
Are there side effects of CJC-1295?
Again, it’s important to stress that we’re still in the early days of understanding exactly what effects peptides can have on the body. In general, they appear to be safe—partly because rather than adding new substances or chemicals, our bodies already use peptides to communicate. So they’re typically well-tolerated.
The studies that do exist on CJC-1295 suggest that it’s generally safe, well-tolerated, and has minimal side effects.
Still, some side effects have been noted. These include:
increased heart rate
redness and tenderness at injection site
Possible adverse effects are the reason that all peptide therapies should be conducted under the supervision of a qualified physician. A doctor that specializes in lifestyle medicine can help you ensure that any peptide doses are safe, appropriate for your particular biochemistry, and help you minimize unintended side effects.
No alt text provided for this image
Unlock your potential by adding peptides to your health regime.
Peptide Therapy can be powerful
As far as we’ve come in modern medicine, we’ve still got a long way to go.
The medical community is really just now beginning to see the vast potential of peptide therapies in preserving health and regular functioning as we get older.
But the promise is there.
CJC-1295 is just one of a number of peptides that—under the proper medical guidance—could be a useful addition to your personalized medicine and health regime.
Schedule a consultation at the Gapin Institute to learn how peptides can help YOU.
Ready to take the next steps?
Download the Blueprint
Schedule a Call
No alt text provided for this image
In Male 2.0™, Dr. Tracy Gapin has turned everything we once thought we knew about men’s health and performance upside down. The old model of how to be “a man” is broken. A man who works himself to death. Unfortunately, a man who tries to NOT get sick but isn’t really healthy either. And a man who takes a pill for every ill but is never really cured. That was Male 1.0. Now, imagine being THE MAN ─ owning your performance in the bedroom, the weight room, and the boardroom. Living a fully optimized life. Becoming limitless. This is Male 2.0!
Tracy Gapin, MD, FACS is a board-certified Urologist, world renowned Men’s Health & Performance Expert, Author, and Professional Speaker. Using state-of-the-art biometric monitoring, nutrition and lifestyle intervention, Dr. Gapin coaches Fortune 500 executives and evolutionary leaders of business, sports medicine, and high performance. He specializes in cutting-edge precision medicine with an emphasis on epigenetics, providing men with a personalized path to optimizing health & performance. http://www.GapinInstitute.com
Want a free copy of Male 2.0? CLICK HERE
Bartke, A. (2019). Growth hormone and aging: updated review. The World Journal of Men’s Health, 37(1), 19-30.
Florini, J. R. (1987). Hormonal control of muscle growth. Muscle & Nerve: Official Journal of the American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, 10(7), 577-598.
Raun, K, Hansen, B., Johansen, N., Thogersen, H, Madsen, K, Ankersen, M, & Andersen, P. (1998). Ipamorelin, the first selective growth hormone secretagogue. European Journal of Endocrinology. 139 (5): 552–561.
Seeds, W. (2020). Peptide protocols, volume 1. Seeds scientific performance research.
Teichman, S. L., Neale, A., Lawrence, B., Gagnon, C., Castaigne, J. P., & Frohman, L. A. (2006). Prolonged stimulation of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor I secretion by CJC-1295, a long-acting analog of GH-releasing hormone, in healthy adults. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 91(3), 799-805.
A Note To Myself:
A Recipe For Bliss
I am old now, and time has passed so quickly which sometimes can be a little disconcerting. I think the most wonderful part of being older is there is time to think about the experiences and people who have imbued my soul with a level of love and acceptance for them and myself, along with a keen awareness of mine and my fellow traveler’s divine natures. Every day my hours are filled with a peaceful and loving feeling toward all. No man is my enemy and I harbor no ill feelings toward anyone. I almost feel blissful as I no longer try to bend the world to fit my way or coerce events into a reflection of my desires, but instead, I easily, almost effortlessly exist in a state of higher blissful consciousness that enables me to perceive the secrets of the universe behind all things.
Dr. Ann Wigmores Best And Easiest To Make Kraut
Another zero-fat, healthy bacteria, non-fruit recipe to give you amazing health!
At the Creative Health Institute, where I was once director, meals always included regular and VegeKrauts. We also used VegeKraut as on salads and sandwiches, in vegetable V8-type smoothies, and even as an ingredient in recipes for raw soups and stews.
I saw many people with serious health issues such as cancer or diabetes experience dramatic improvements when they began eating more raw pre and probiotic-fermented plant-based foods, especially Dr. Anns VegKraut.
Dr. Ann Wigmores VegeKraut
- 1 green cabbage
- 1 purple cabbage
- 6 carrots
- 1 sweet red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or rejuvelac
- Optional Seasonings to taste (garlic, cayenne, herbs, caraway seeds) – optional
- Finely chop cabbage, saving outside leaves. Chop carrots and onion.
- Place vegetables into a large bowl or crock pot.
- Mix in optional seasonings.
- Cover the top outside with cabbage leaves. Place a large plate and weight on top (we use a large stone). Press down to remove air from Kraut.
- Leave at room temperature for 3 days or until it is sour enough for your taste.
- Place the Kraut in a glass jar with a lid and refrigerate. It will keep up for several weeks.
- Eat a ½ cup serving a day with meals and enjoy the wonderful flavor and nutritional benefits of this wonderful food!
Some of the benefits associated with eating raw VegeKraut, sauerkraut, and fermented foods are:
Powerful immune system boosters
VegeKraut and Sauerkraut are packed with enzymes, vitamins, phytonutrients, and minerals. For centuries it has been used as an immune booster by people living in colder climates.
VegeKraut & sauerkraut contains lactic acid bacteria and photochemical—beneficial byproducts of fermentation that help increase the body’s immune system. This can lead to decreased occurrences of several ailments, such as colds or other respiratory diseases. A healthy immune system prevents the development of common colds, skin problems that require treatment by a dermatologist, and weight gain caused by overeating.
VegeKraut & Sauerkraut are a cancer fighters
All Krauts’ are superfoods, with the ability to inhibit and even destroy cancer cells. Studies published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry concluded that kraut is a cancer inhibitor. The study discovered that the fermentation of cabbage produced a substance called isothiocyanate, which prevents cancer growth, particularly in the breast, colon, lung, and liver.
The University of New Mexico published a study linking sauerkraut consumption by adolescent females to a reduced risk for breast cancer earlier studies indicate sauerkraut may reduce the risk for other forms of cancer including lung, colon, prostate, and liver.
“We are finding that fermented cabbage is healthier than raw or cooked cabbage, especially for fighting cancer”, says Eeva-Liisa Ryhanen, Ph.D., research manager of MTT Agrifood Research Finland, located in Jokioinen, Finland.
A recent study by the American Center for Cancer Research has found that sauerkraut has a profound effect on preventing and healing breast cancer. Based on reports that breast cancer rates amongst polish women in the United States were much higher than those in Poland researchers set out to find out why. Their answer; the women who still lived in Poland ate significantly larger amounts of sauerkraut especially important while they were in adolescence. The research found that the women who immigrated Americanized their diets and stopped eating as much of the superfood that is sauerkraut thus increasing their rates of breast cancer.
Eating sauerkraut is a great way to protect the balance of bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract. Sauerkraut is one of the few foods that contain the bacterium Lactobacilli Plantarum. L. Plantarum is a very dominant strain of healthful bacteria that helps your digestive system in the following ways:
- Boost your body’s immunity by increasing the production of antibodies that fight off infectious diseases.
- Enhance your body’s digestion by producing enzymes that help break down proteins and fats into smaller components.
- A good source of vitamin K and manganese which are both important for bone health and tissue repair.
- Help keep pathogenic organisms like E.coli, salmonella, and unhealthy overgrowth of candida (yeast) in check while creating antioxidants that scavenge free radicals which are cancer precursors
- Converts lactose, which is difficult for many people to digest, into something more easily absorbed by the body.
- By neutralizing the anti-nutrients found in many foods, including phytic acid (found in all grains) and trypsin inhibitors (in soy), new nutrients are created—including omega-3 fatty acids, digestive aids, and GTF chromium.
Wishing you the best day ever, Love and blessings.
No Bake Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Not only are they delicious, they’re healthy for you.
Healthy, easy-to-make raw vegan oatmeal cookies.
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Time to dehydrate: 10 to 12 hours If you have no dehydrator bake for 1 hr at 225 degrees the refrigerate
- 2 cups of uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts finely ground- (leave out a dozen or so to chunk up and put in the batter)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts finely ground – (leave out a dozen or so to cut up and put in the mixture)
- 1/2 cup soaked dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup of coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 apples grated
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- Place the uncooked oats in a food processor and pulse two or three short bursts. If you don’t have a food processor, use a blender.
- Transfer the uncooked processed oats to a mixing bowl and add the dates, raisins, walnuts, sweetener, and grated apples. Mix the batter by hand or use beaters on low. Set the mixture aside.
- In a coffee grinder grind the macadamias and cashews until they resemble silky flour. Add them to the batter, stirring them in.
- On a mesh dehydrator sheet shape the dough into cookies.
- Keep in mind that the thicker you form the cookies, the longer they take to dehydrate.
- Dehydrate the cookies at 110 degrees until they reach your preferred texture, around 12 hours.
- Option: If you do not have a dehydrator, you can place the cookies on a baking tray and place them in the oven on low 225 degrees with Heat for 1 hr.
Enjoy these wonderful cookies with a glass of your favorite nut milk or your plant-based drink. Blessings, Bobby
Oats’ health benefits – Oats contain soluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and keep blood sugar levels steady. They’re also a good source of protein, which helps fuel your body during workouts. Oats have been shown to help reduce inflammation and may even help prevent certain types of cancer.
Walnuts’ health benefits – Walnuts contain healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They’re also high in arginine, a compound that may help lower blood pressure. Walnuts are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to many health benefits including reducing inflammation and protecting against certain cancers.
Macadamia health benefits – Macadamia nuts are high in protein, fiber, and vitamins B1 and B2. They’re also a good source of niacin, magnesium, and phosphorus. Macadamia nuts have been shown to lower cholesterol levels and help prevent heart disease.
Cashews’ health benefits – Cashews contain a good amount of manganese and copper, which are important minerals that help boost bone health. They also contain magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc to support healthy brain function.
Dates health benefits – Dates are a good source of fiber, potassium, and iron. They also contain a high amount of vitamin B6, which supports brain health and helps maintain a healthy nervous system. Dates are also an excellent source of copper, which is important for bone health.
Raisins’ health benefits– Raisins are a good source of fiber, which helps maintain a healthy digestive system. They also contain copper, manganese, and potassium to support bone health and prevent osteoporosis. Raisins are dried grapes that are rich in antioxidants that help prevent cell damage caused by free radicals. They contain vitamin C, which supports immune function and helps fight colds and flu.
Coconut nectar health benefits – Coconut nectar is high in minerals, amino acids, and vitamins that support energy production, immune function, and blood sugar stabilization.
Apple’s health benefits- Apples are a good source of vitamin C and fiber. They also contain quercetin, a flavonoid that provides antioxidant benefits and helps prevent cancer.
Bobby’s Raw Live Food Vegan Almond Joy’s Recipe
“Sometimes you feel like a nut, Sometimes you don’t.”
These simple, fast-to-make raw living food treats will satisfy your cravings for Chocolate and Coconut.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Food processor & Blender
INGREDIENTS: PART 1
- 3 cups raw shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4-8 Medjool dates pitted (you may add more for a sweeter taste)
- 1/8 cup alfalfa sprouts – Optional – This makes sure you have a live food desert.
- ½ cup coconut nectar (you may use less)
- 1 tablespoon of non-alcoholic, pure vanilla extract
INGREDIENTS PART 2 – Prepare in a separate bowl
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter – be sure to grate
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder – be sure to sift
- 1/2 cup sweetener; coconut nectar or yacon
- 1/4 tsp lecithin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- PART 1 – Blend all ingredients from part 1, in the food processor until well mixed.
Use a cookie scooper to make tablespoon sized elongated balls, or roll them by hand. Best to do this on your dehydrator tray. Don’t forget to put two almonds on each one, You want them to look like Almond Joys. Dehydrate at 105° for 2 – 3 hours. We need the coconut to become firm.
- PART 2 – Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender till smooth.
Dip the Almond Joys in the chocolate and place on a teflex sheet or wax paper and place in the fridge for at least an hour. Bring them out and enjoy eating a healthy snack. Remember these are snacks, not your main meal.
Enjoy and be Blessed , Bobby.
Major Nutritional Information:
- Coconut meat contains large amounts of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), which are easier for the human body to digest than most other types of fat. These MCFAs have been shown to improve endurance in athletes who eat them regularly.
- The MCFAs in coconut meat also have antimicrobial properties. And research suggests that eating more fat may enhance weight loss by helping you feel fuller longer and boosting metabolism—so it’s possible Coconut Oil could help you lose weight!
- Medjool dates are high in calories but full of nutrients and antioxidants that may boost digestion, lower cholesterol levels, and help prevent heart disease. They also contain fiber—up to 9 grams per date! Medjool dates are also high in fiber, which helps lower cholesterol levels, reduce constipation, and prevent colon cancer. They contain many vitamins and minerals as well—for example, they are a good source of folate (a B vitamin) as well as calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium.
- Fresh living alfalfa sprouts are an excellent source of vitamin C, providing nearly 15% of your daily requirement in a single serving. The Vitamin C content stimulates the production of white blood cells and can protect against infections and inflammation. Alfalfa sprouts are also an excellent source of vitamin K, providing nearly 37% of your daily requirement in a single serving. Vitamin K is important for blood clotting, and it also helps to maintain bone health.
A Note To Myself:
Father, thank you for letting me be of service to others. Also, thank you for forgiving me my transgressions. I have not always been the best of children or the most obedient of servants. I have strayed from the path, You ordained for me and wandered into a wilderness of sin and darkness. Yet deep in my soul, I know your loving heart makes a way for me. I can speak for no other man but for me; I trust in Christ and believe I am reborn and presented blameless to You, and that is why I say your name throughout the day in my spirit, for I am forever grateful. Thank You, thank you, thank you.
Thou art ever merciful Father God. If I could murmur Thy name repeatedly in my last moments in this mortal coil, how canst Thou refuse me entrance into eternity and to be with you in Thy heavenly abode?
World’s Best Vegan Facon Bacon… It will fool you!
Especially wonderful vegan transition food. This is just not for breakfast, it makes a great snack anytime.
Dr. Bobby’s Vegan Facon Bacon ©
- large eggplant, thinly sliced, or several zucchini if no egg plan is available
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 dried chipotle chili pepper, soaked for at least 2 hours or 1 tablespoon dried & ground (optional)
- 1/2 cup soaking water for from the chipotle peppers (optional)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 4 teaspoons of hickory smoke
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Nama Shoyu
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- pinch black pepper
- pinch cayenne – optional
- To make the thin pieces of eggplant/zucchini use a horizontal peeler or mandolin to get straight thin pieces.
- Once you have sliced your eggplant/zucchini, sprinkle it with the sea salt and allow it to sit for 1-2 hours in a tray/bowl, or if baking put the eggplant/zucchini in the oven for 45 minutes to dry.
- Blend the other ingredients in a blender/Vita-mixer.
- After 1-2 hours-Layer your eggplant/zucchini slices between paper or cloth towels and press out excess moisture.
- Get a large zip lock baggie or bowl and pour marinade into the baggie or bowl.
- Submerge the slices of eggplant/zucchini in the marinade. If using a baggie squeeze as much air as possible out of the baggie. Marinate for 30-45 minutes.
- Carefully lay out the marinated eggplant/zucchini slices onto your dehydrator trays and dehydrate @105F degrees until crispy (24 – 36 hours-continually check the progress-depends on how thick your slices are)
- If no dehydrator you may use the oven, but it will not be raw. Set the oven to 325 for 1 hr. Keep an eye on the facon/bacon and make sure it’s not under or overdone.
Yields 15 – 20 Fakon pieces.
Serve and Enjoy! Blessings, Bobby
Eggplants are a nutrient-rich food that contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They may benefit your overall health, including your heart.
One cup (82 grams) of raw eggplant contains the following nutrients (2):
- Calories: 20
- Carbs: 5 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Manganese: 10% of the RDI
- Folate: 5% of the RDI
- Potassium: 5% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 4% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 3% of the RDI
Eggplants also contain small amounts of other nutrients, including niacin, magnesium, and copper.
Zucchini contains many nutrients. As a result, including it in your diet may have a variety of health benefits. Although
zucchini is often considered a vegetable, it is botanically classified as a fruit.
One cup of raw (223 grams) of zucchini provides:
- Calories: 17
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: less than 1 gram
- Carbs: 3 grams
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Vitamin A: 40% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Manganese: 16% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
- Potassium: 13% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 10% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 9% of the RDI
- Folate: 8% of the RDI
- Copper: 8% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 7% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 7% of the RDI
- Thiamine: 5% of the RDI
Raw Vegan Smoked Pepper Cheese Log
This is the most delicious raw vegan cheese I have ever made…
SMOKED PEPPER CHEESE LOG ©️
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Food Processor
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 6 small cloves garlic or (Substitute 1/8 teaspoon powder for every clove of garlic)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional) Dry if necessary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves (optional) Dry if necessary
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon smoked black peppercorns, or regular black peppercorns ( for a more peppery taste double the peppercorns)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup filtered water – (use only enough to create a creamy texture)
- Process all ingredients until smooth, adding only enough water/rejuvelac to make a smooth, creamy texture.
- If desired, form the mixture into a log and roll in smoked cracked peppercorns crushed pecans, rosemary and dried cranberries.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
- SPECIAL NOTE: If you would like to age the cheese and make it a probiotic powerhouse. Add 6 probiotic capsules or use rejuvelac instead of water. Let the cheese sit in a bowl and age overnight before rolling it into a log and refrigerating for 2 hours.
Will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
This vegan cheese log is absolutely amazing. It’s my favorite cheese and makes a great Hor D’oeuvre. Serve with living food seed or flax crackers. During the winter holiday season add dried cranberries for a special festive look and taste.
Spicy Zen Flax Crackers
These crackers will become one of your favorites. They go great will any raw seed or nut cheese
SPICY ZEN CRACKERS ©
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Food processor
- 1 ½ cups golden flax seeds – soaked overnight
- 1 cup of filtered water – ad water as needed to batter to bring to a pancake batter consistency
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos or Nama Shou or Soy
- 3 tablespoons agave or sweetener of choice
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- Soak flax seeds in 2 ½ cups of filtered, salted water overnight or for 6 – 8 hours.
- Process 1/2 the flax seeds and all other ingredients in a food processor or a powerful blender until smooth. Add necessary water and pulse occasionally until desired consistency.
- Add the last 1/2 of the flaxseed to the mixture. Do not blend them.
- Spread mixture to 1/8″ thickness on Teflon sheet and dehydrate at 110° – 115°
overnight or until very crispy.
If dehydrated thoroughly, these crackers keep very well in a jar with a screw-top lid.
- If you do not have a dehydrator, you can bake these crackers at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until crispy.
Bobby’s Healing Bay Leaf Tea
A fast and simple to make tea you will want to drink it every day…
This Bay leaf elixir helps lower your bad cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, and cleanses the colon. It’s also good for cleaning out your liver and speeding up metabolism—all while balancing glucose and insulin levels in the body. Bay leaf is best when taken as a tea.
This extraordinary tea will Lower your bad cholesterol, raise your good cholesterol and reduce plaque in your arteries. It will help increase the efficiency of functions within the cardiovascular system. It makes it easier for you to lose weight and maintain that loss. This elixir is also good for strengthening the immune system, which makes it easier for your body to fight off infections, calm nerves and relieve stress.
It will induce a state of tranquility so you can focus on your tasks while feeling relaxed during the day. When evening comes and you go to bed, drinking a cup before retiring will help get you to sleep much more easily
The elixir also contains cinnamon, which helps increase your metabolic rate and burn fat. Diabetes risk is increased by high blood sugar and insulin levels. Cinnamon can help lower both, making it an effective way to reduce the chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
Drinking the tea daily will help improve digestion, get rid of bloating, and make upset stomachs feel better. It’ll even soothe irritable bowel syndrome—making your food easier to digest!
A few drops of lemon juice added to the tea will help you digest food more easily and clean your liver at the same time. By activating your liver, you can achieve a higher metabolism that will help with weight loss.
1 saucepan/pot and a large spoon to stir
Elixir Formula Recipe
- 4 cups of water
- 4 0r 5 five bay leaves
- 2 sticks of cinnamon or 11/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Raw honey or if vegan your favorite natural sweetener
Bring the water to a boil and then add your bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, and lemon juice. Let this steep for about 5 minutes before straining it into a glass container; sweeten with honey or stevia as desired.
I like to drink this first thing in the morning before breakfast on an empty stomach it’s a great cleanser that will speed up your metabolic rate.
Pressing LV3 Can Instantly Lower Blood Pressure Without Medication or Supplements
About 1 in 3 Americans have high blood pressure, and less than half of them are able to keep it at a normal level even when taking medication. Pressing or massaging for 1 minute on any one or combination of the following points will quickly help lower your blood pressure:
Pressure Point LV 3
The pressure point is located at the spot just above where your big toe and second toe connect. Applying strong pressure to it for one minute helps lower blood pressure, as well as a feeling of peace and calm.
Perfect Raw Cashew Cream Pancakes
Raw No Dehydration Pancakes
Atifa’s Pancakes ©
- During her internship at CHI, Atifa created several wonderful raw recipes—including this delicious pancake. It was a hit with the interns and staff members then, as it still is today! Prep time 10 minutes – Serves 6
- Equipment Needed: Larg Spatula and Mixing Bowl
- 2½ cups of flax seed meal -grind them fresh with a coffee grinder
- 2 tablespoons of liquid coconut oil
- ½ cup agave or honey if you are not vegan
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup chopped blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maca
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with a spoon. Form into pancakes! This recipe makes six pancakes.
- Serve with your favorite fruits, like fresh or thawed raspberries, blueberries, blackberries—whatever suits your fancy!
- New Addition – Cashew Cream topping is amazing!
- 1/2 cup cashews – soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 1/4 cup of water or almond milk
- Blend til smooth and creamy and drizzle on top of each pancake before adding fruit.
All the recipes in our blogs and books are copyrighted, created by, and original to us. In addition, we’ve taught a series of classes on living foods since 2008, certifying nearly 1000 raw chefs worldwide through these workshops.
Best Live Raw Food Hemp Protein Bar Recipe
These plant-based Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake protein Bars are so easy to make., and are the perfect healthy on the go snack.
Hemp protein is easily digested, making it a wonderful source of plant-based protein. Hemp hearts are nutritionally complete food—the perfect ingredient in nutrition bars! These tasty snacks provide an infusion of plant power wherever you go —so you can always bring along some plant-based protein. Hemp hearts are also a great source of fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Equipment: Food processor or high-speed blender, bowl, spoon, and spatula.
- Time: 30 minutes to 1hr.
- Serves 12
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate-flavored hemp protein powder. Or substitute plain, unflavored hemp powder mixed with cocoa to taste
- About 20 pitted Medjool dates or your favorite date
- 1/2 cup dried, cherries, pulse in a food processor
- 1/4 cup dried blackberries or your favorite berry, pulse in a food processor
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts, shelled
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground into a coarse flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, pulse in a food processor
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons spirulina powder
- 2 tablespoons of maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- Tsp of ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter
- 1/2 cup water (start with 1/4 and add gradually)
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Blend batches of the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until well combined. The mixture is very thick, so you will need to add water gradually at first (about 1/4 cup).
- Add the wet ingredients to the large mixing bowl. These should be mixed until they form a doughy/sticky consistency, with enough water added to create this effect.
- Gently massage the mixture with your hands until it forms a large ball.
- If the mixture becomes too wet, you can add more cocoa powder or hemp protein. If it gets too dry, try adding more coconut oil, dates or water. The desired texture is thick and chewy—sticky enough to hold together in a bar shape but not so sticky that it sticks to your teeth!
- In an 8 × 8 or 9 × 9 inch parchment-lined pan, spread the protein bar mixture evenly. Press down firmly on top with your hands and fingertips until it forms an even layer.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into small pieces or 12 whole bars.
- Keep some for later in the freezer by wrapping individually in clear wrap or keep in the fridge for later use that week.
I really enjoy this recipe. Good luck with making your bars and may God bless you all, Bobby