Hemp protein is easily digested, making it a wonderful source of plant-based protein. Hemp hearts are nutritionally complete food—the perfect ingredient in nutrition bars! These tasty snacks provide an infusion of plant power wherever you go —so you can always bring along some plant-based protein. Hemp hearts are also a great source of fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Equipment: Food processor or high-speed blender, bowl, spoon, and spatula.
- Time: 30 minutes to 1hr.
- Serves 12
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate-flavored hemp protein powder. Or substitute plain, unflavored hemp powder mixed with cocoa to taste
- About 20 pitted Medjool dates or your favorite date
- 1/2 cup dried, cherries, pulse in a food processor
- 1/4 cup dried blackberries or your favorite berry, pulse in a food processor
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts, shelled
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground into a coarse flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, pulse in a food processor
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons spirulina powder
- 2 tablespoons of maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- Tsp of ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter
- 1/2 cup water (start with 1/4 and add gradually)
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Blend batches of the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until well combined. The mixture is very thick, so you will need to add water gradually at first (about 1/4 cup).
- Add the wet ingredients to the large mixing bowl. These should be mixed until they form a doughy/sticky consistency, with enough water added to create this effect.
- Gently massage the mixture with your hands until it forms a large ball.
- If the mixture becomes too wet, you can add more cocoa powder or hemp protein. If it gets too dry, try adding more coconut oil, dates or water. The desired texture is thick and chewy—sticky enough to hold together in a bar shape but not so sticky that it sticks to your teeth!
- In an 8 × 8 or 9 × 9 inch parchment-lined pan, spread the protein bar mixture evenly. Press down firmly on top with your hands and fingertips until it forms an even layer.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into small pieces or 12 whole bars.
- Keep some for later in the freezer by wrapping individually in clear wrap or keep in the fridge for later use that week.
I really enjoy this recipe. Good luck with making your bars and may God bless you all, Bobby
4 thoughts on “Best Live Raw Food Hemp Protein Bar Recipe”
Thanks for these yummy recipes!
You are so welcome! Pray you and your family are well and prospering.
These sound delicious & I look forward to trying them. Thank you! I pray you’re doing well.
Good morning dear one. So glad you like this recipe. I have found it to be a great energizing food. I always keep one near me to nibble on during the day. Pray you and Bryce are staying healthy and happy. Sending love and blessings your way.