Chia Seed Crackers Are Amazingly Delicious
Chia seeds are a great source of omega 3’s and are a complete protein. Sesame seeds are a top source for calcium, carrots are loaded with vitamin A, and of course tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C.
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Number of Servings: 100 crackers
- 5 Cups pure water – you will use this to soak the Chia seeds.
- 1 1/2 Cups Chia seeds
- 3 medium carrots -grated – Better yet use your carrot pulp and add in 2-3 cups.
- 2 medium celery stalks- chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ½ medium white onion
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds – sprinkle on the tops of the crackers as you put them in the dehydrator
- 1 tbl spoons Celtic sea salt – sprinkle on the top of the crackers as you put them in the dehydrator
- Soak Chia seeds in 5 cups water for 10 minutes.
- Pour off excess water and save seeds to stir into cracker batter.
- Place all other (EXCEPT FOR CHIA SEEDS, SESAME SEEDS AND SALT) ingredients into your food processor.
- Process until you have a smooth paste.
- Place the batter into a large bowl and stir in soaked Chia seeds.
- Spread the batter on to dehydrator sheets, sprinkle on salt and sesame seeds.
- Score batter into cracker squares with a pizza cutter, spatula or knife.
- Turn you dehydrator up to the highest temp until the wetness is off the outside of the crackers. Then lower to 105 degrees leaving the cracker to dehydrate for 12 -15 hours turn them over and dehydrate until crispy.