My mom’s side of the family are all from the south and Pecan Pie is one desert the ladies in our family really pride themselves in making. I think we may have joined the ranks of some of the best of the pie makers with Our Raw Pride Pecan Pie Recipe.
Raw Pecan Pie Filling
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans, soaked overnight hours
- 2 cups of pitted dates soaked 3-4 hours
- 1 /2 cup or 1 small ripe banana
- 1/4 cup Yacon Syrup raw maple syrup or Honey, if you’re not vegan
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
Directions: Process 1 cup of the pecans and all the other ingredients in your food processor Pour filling into pie crust, and press the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans spread across the top of the filling, brush the top with honey or agave and refrigerate for an hour.
Pecan Walnut Macadamia Pie Crust
- 1 cup pecans, soaked for 12 hours, drained and dehydrated under 118 degrees for 10-12 hours
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked overnight, drained and dehydrated under 118 degrees for 10 -12 hours
- 1/4 cup of macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup Yacon Syrup or (Option for non vegans – raw honey or maple syrup.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pound organic dates, seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in to your food processor and process . It will form into a ball.
- Rub a little raw virgin oil into your pie plate them begin pressing small amounts of your crust into your pie plate. Continue until entire pie plate is covered.
- Sometimes I like to put my crust into dehydrator at 1o6 degrees for a an hour or so, as I like a dryer crust.