With all the recent questions about peptides, I felt that I should clarify that peptides are simply a sequence of amino acids. In the 21st century we will continue to see further breakthroughs in way we will use peptides to optimize our health and healing and lifestyles.
I am particularly excited about BPC-157 and its wide array of health benefits, as it’s not simply a vascular endothelial growth factor analog it is often misrepresented as; Rather than acting like a regular VEGF it will promote the complex physiological processes that occur during wound healing and tissue regeneration and repair – both inside and outside of the gastrointestinal tract. BPC-157 is proving to be a fascinating medical breakthrough for anyone who is interested in optimizing fat loss, strengthening, repairing and rebuilding muscle tissue, slowing the aging process, balancing and strengthening their immune system, healing stomach and intestinal issues, strengthening the heart muscle and insuring brain plasticity and ensuring neuroprotective health.
BPC-157 may promote the regeneration of the cells of the intestinal wall (intestinal health | Sikiric 2018)
BPC-157 may promote and accelerate muscle, tendon and bone healing (sports and other tissue and bone injuries | Brcic 2009, Krivic 2008, Sebecic 1999)
BPC-157 aids in the repair and replacement of atherosclerotic endothelial cells (cardiovascular health | Sikiric 2018)
BPC-157 promotes, optimizes and accelerates wound healing (skin health and organ damage | Huang 2015; Stupnisek 2015)
BPC-157 prevents and reverses lesions of the intestinal tract, liver, and even brain as they can occur in response to the (ab-)use of certain pain medications (general organ health | Drmic 2018) and the cardiovascular side effects of anti-psychotics (heart health | Strinic 2017)
BPC-157 heals (stress-induced) ulcers and fistulas as they are increasingly common due to our stressful (this refers to “stress” as general oxidative stress) lifestyles (GI health and beyond | Szabo 2017; Grgic 2016)
BPC-157 serves as a remedy for a plethora of central nervous system disorders that originate in the gut by (a) the local repair of the intestinal lining and (b) direct neuroprotective effects in the brain (brain & CNS health | Sikiric 2016)
BPC-157 can be paired with other peptides and compounds for maximum results:
- Thymosin Alpha-1 and Thymosin Beta-4 are great for restoring the immune system and reducing inflammation.
- PT-141 can be used to help with erectile dysfunction. 
- RG3 and VIP are commonly incorporated in the treatment of Lyme and toxic mold syndrome (see my article on mold toxicity for more information on my treatment philosophy).
- LL37 is a potent antimicrobial agent and can be a useful partner in wound healing.
- Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium Peptide (Elmiron) and AOD 9604 decrease pain receptors in the brain, which reduces the subjective perception of pain.
- Melanotan is another peptide with potent anti-inflammatory activity. It targets the vagus nerve via the cholinergic pathway. The result is the removal of inflammatory molecules and calmer brain.
Please consult your health provider before researching or experimenting with ANY peptide or changing your medications. If you have had cancer or have cancer consult your oncologist before even considering peptide research.
Best Day Ever, Bobby