NON-DAIRY VEGAN SUNFLOWER SEED CHEESE
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Blender, Seed Nut Bag
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 cup cubed red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced black olives
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled.
- 2 – 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Soak sunflower seeds overnight (or for about 8 hours).
- Drain water and rinse seeds.
- Leave seeds in a colander to sprout for a few hours.
- Fill the blender with sunflower seeds.
- Add enough to cover seeds: Water or Rejuvelac, 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Blend until creamy (approximately 1 – 2 minutes).
- Pour into the nut milk bag.
- Hang the bag over a bowl and let drip overnight (or for approximately 8 – 12 hours) to ferment. (Optional: Add the contents of 3 probiotic capsules.)
- Remove the mixture from the bag and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add desired olives – do not blend them into the mixture – fold them in after cutting them into small chunks or slices.
- Spread on crackers and romaine leaves, or stuff it in a tomato, a piece of celery, or pepper slices.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Will keep up to a week.
Hope you enjoy this excellent cheese. It’s not only delicious, but it’s also good for you as it nourishes your body and strengthens your good intestinal flora. Try it with crackers, on lettuce leaves, celery sticks, or stuffed peppers.
Love and Blessings, Bobby