Dear Cha Cha,
I really hate to think that I have to worry about every morsel I put in my mouth, but there are some basic rules and I always try to adhere to, as best possible. I am not of the school that improperly combined raw food creates alcohol in the colon. I say eat raw, go to the bathroom 3 times a day and do enemas often, lol.
- Acid Fruits AND Sub-Acid Fruits.
- Sub-Acid Fruits AND Sweet Fruits.
- Starches AND Vegetables & Greens.
- Vegetables & Greens AND Proteins.
- Try to not eat carbohydrate foods and acid foods at the same meal.
- Try to not eat a concentrated protein and a concentrated carbohydrate at the same meal.
- Never consume two concentrated proteins at the same meal.
- Do not consume fats with proteins.
- Do not eat acid fruits with proteins.
- Do not consume starches and sugars together.
- Eat but one concentrated starch at a meal.
- Do not consume melons with any other foods.
- Drink ALL juices alone.
- Fresh fruit should be eaten alone or on an empty stomach. It’s best to only combine fruits from their own category.
- Try to not have fats with fats. (Example – nuts with avocados)
( I DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE)
Some categories can be combined and still digest well while others you may want to avoid. I lean more to Matt Monarch’s belief that when we eat raw food dishes in moderation we do not have to deal with paying such close attention to strict food combining and examining every morsel we put in our mouths. I know I should not combine bananas with acid fruits like pineapple or oranges, but I just can’t resist, lol.
I find its usually the people who are not 100% raw who are caught up with food combining. Stay logical and stay 100% raw and let those who wish to focus on food combing do so. I will put our program, which is healing and delicious against anyone else’s in the world!
Keep in mind I am not saying throw out food combining, what I really am saying is I would rather have a little gas and be able to love what I am eating, lol.
Well you asked for it so here you go.
The table below shows some basic food categories, The basic rule is to eat from one category at a time.
RAW Food Categories and
Approximate Digestion Times
Melons & Juices
(15 – 30 Min)
(1.5 – 2 Hrs)
(1 – 1.5 Hrs)
Sweet & Sweeteners
(30 – 45 Min)
|Cantaloupe||Apples, Sour||Apples||Agave Nectar|
|Watermelon||Grapes, Sour||Cherries||Cherries, Sweet|
|Wheatgrass Juice||Lemons||Dates||Grapes, Sweet|
|Limes||Figs, Fresh||Honey, Raw|
|Starches(2 – 3 Hrs)||Vegetables & Greens
(2 – 3Hrs)
|High Protein(4+ Hrs)||Fats(3 – 4 Hrs)|
|Beans||Asparagus||Dried Fruit||Coconut Oil|
|Brown Rice||Beets||Legumes, Unsprouted||Flaxseed Oil|
|Carrots||Blue-Green Algae||Mature Coconut||Hemp Oil|
|Corn||Broccoli||Nuts, Raw||Olive Oil|
|Grains, Sprouted||Brussels Sprouts||Olives||Olives|
|Jicama||Cabbage||Seeds, Raw||Safflower Oil|
|Legumes, Sprouted||Cauliflower||Sesame Oil|
|Squash, Winter||Corn, Raw|
|Young Coconut||Green Beans|
- Lemons and Limes combine with Starches, Vegetables & Greens, Proteins, and Fats.
- Avocados combine with Sub-Acid Fruit.
- Cucumbers combine with Fats.
- Tomatoes combine with Starches, Vegetables & Greens, and Fats.
Love you, Cha Cha…
By the way I never take advise from anyone who is not 100% raw. They only know how bad they feel because they mix raw with cooked. Usually they cannot even begin to understand this amazing body we possess.