DOUBLE CHOCOLATE-CHUNK CHEESECAKE©
Serves 20 (extra small slices due to RICHNESS)
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Food processor, blender, spring form pan (9″ is ideal)
Ø 2 cups pecans
Ø ¼ cup flaked coconut
Ø 1/8 cup cacao powder
Ø 6 – 8 Medjool dates, pitted and cut in half to assure removal of pits
Ø ¼ teaspoon pure, non-alcoholic vanilla extract
Ø ¼ cup raw agave
1. Process crust ingredients in food processor.
2. Lightly grease bottom and sides of spring form pan with extra virgin coconut oil.
3. Press mixture into bottom of spring form pan (not on sides).
4. Cover and chill, if desired.
Ø ¼ cup of cacao nibs
Ø 1 ¾ cup raw agave
Ø 6 cups of cashews
Ø 1 cup cacao powder
Ø 1 ½ cups pecans
Ø ½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan salt
Ø 5/8 cup lemon juice
Ø 1 teaspoon pure, non-alcoholic vanilla extract
Ø 2 tablespoons lecithin granules (a fat emulsifier)
Ø 1 cup of coconut oil
1. Soak cacao nibs in ¼ cup agave, cover and set aside.
2. Soak cashews in filtered water for 30 minutes, drain and set aside.
3. Process pecans in food processor and add lemon juice, until smooth.
4. Add enough filtered water to equal 1-½ cups.
5. Add rest of agave (1-½ cups), vanilla and process again. It will be very thick.
6. In blender, add cashews, cacao, lecithin, coconut oil and salt, blending until super smooth.
7. Mix in by hand cacao nibs and agave mixture.
8. Pour on top of crust.
9. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
10. Remove from spring form pan.
11. Garnish with pecan halves and slices, fanned strawberries, and serve