Paige Brummett, a recent intern at Creative Health Institute, is especially gifted at developing raw desserts that are allergen- and agave- free. This delicious nut-free lemon cheesecake is a perfect example of her kitchen talent.
Equipment you will need
High speed Blender (Ex. Blend Tec or Vita Mix)
Spring Form Pan or Pie Pan
Ingredients for Crust
2 Cups Coconut Flour
Lemon zest of 3 Lemons
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
5 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
1 1/2 cups Raw Honey
Pinch of Himalayan Salt
1. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until dough-like consistency.
2. Spread a thin layer of crust into the bottom of a spring-form or pie pan.
3. Optional: Dehydrate crust at 110 degrees for 2 hours (this will make the crust crunchy)
Ingredients for Filling
4 coconuts of young coconut meat (you can get the coconuts at Whole Foods or an Asian Market).
1/2 Cup of coconut water.
1 1/2 cups of raw honey.
1 Cup melted coconut oil (melt in a dehydrator or put jar in hot water).
3/4 Cup lemon juice
10 drops lemon essential oil
1. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until really smooth and creamy.
2. Pour filling on top of crust.
3. Put in the freezer for 2 hours until the coconut oil solidifies.
4. Take out and ENJOY every bite of pure love!