We LOVE this recipe from our intern Chuck from Missouri. Chuck has been with us about a month and has experienced some great wins in overcoming his health issues. We loved Chuck right away because he’s so cheerful and willing to pitch in whenever needed. What we didn’t realize at first is that Chuck is quite a POWERHOUSE in the kitchen! In fact, he worked for several years as a baker and owned his own bakery.
Chuck has delighted us with a few unique and delicious raw recipes recently — and this one is a real favorite!
Ingredients for Bars
- 8 cups Apple Pulp (Chuck developed this recipe from the pulp that was left over after juicing apples for our famous Apple Lemonade).
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 or 1/3 cup Ground Flax
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- Zest of one lemon and juice from one half lemon
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Agave
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 2 t. Nutmeg
- 1 t. Pumpkin Spice
Directions: Grind pecans. Combine the rest of the ingredients with the pecans in a large bowl. Form the mixture into two rectangular loaves, 1/2-3/4 inch thick. Dehydrate on Teflex sheets at 105 degrees for four hours. Flip onto screens and continue to dehydrate for another four hours until firm. Cut into bars; arrange on platter and frost with Cashew Cream Frosting.
Cashew Coconut Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup Raw Cashews (soaked overnight, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Raw Honey or Agave
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla or 1 1/2 tsp. extract.
- pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt.
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil (melted in the dehydrator)
- 1 Tbsp Lecithin granules
Directions: Blend all the ingredients except the last two until creamy smooth. Add coconut oil and lecithin and blend once again until thoroughly mixed. Store in cooler to firm up a bit before icing the bars. For the pretty look Chuck achieved above, you can spoon frosting into a decorating bag with an icing tip.
Enjoy Every Bite of Pure Rawsome Goodness!