Wonderful Watermelon Juice
Makes 4 Glasses
- 1 Watermelon
- 1 3/4 Pints Chilled Water
- Juice of two limes
- 4 Oz Alfalfa Sprouts
- Coconut nectar or Raw agave (optional)
- Ice Cubes
- Using a sharp knife, chop the watermelon into chunks, cutting off the skin and discarding the black seeds.
- Place the watermelon chunks in a large bowl. Pour the chilled water over and let it stand for ten minutes.
- Strain the watermelon chunks and then push them, with the alfalfa sprouts, through a juicer.
- Stir in the lime juice and sweeten to taste with coconut nectar or raw agave. Pour into a big jug (pitcher) and add ice cubes and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
Health Tip: Enjoy Watermelon to detox and rebuild! Sweet, juicy watermelon is actually packed with some of the most important antioxidants in nature. Watermelon is an excellent source of vitamin C and a very good source of vitamin A, notably through its concentration of beta-carotene. Pink watermelon is also a source of the potent carotenoid antioxidant, lycopene. These powerful antioxidants travel through the body neutralizing free radicals.