Wonderful Watermelon Juice
Makes 4 Glasses
- 1 Watermelon
- 1 3/4 Pints Chilled Water
- Juice of two limes
- 4 Oz Alfalfa Sprouts
- Coconut nectar or Raw agave (optional)
- Ice Cubes
- Using a sharp knife, chop the watermelon into chunks, cutting off the skin and discarding the black seeds.
- Place the watermelon chunks in a large bowl. Pour the chilled water over and let it stand for ten minutes.
- Strain the watermelon chunks and then push them, with the alfalfa sprouts, through a juicer.
- Stir in the lime juice and sweeten to taste with coconut nectar or raw agave. Pour into a big jug (pitcher) and add ice cubes and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
Health Tip: Enjoy Watermelon to detox and rebuild! Sweet, juicy watermelon is actually packed with some of the most important antioxidants in nature. Watermelon is an excellent source of vitamin C and a very good source of vitamin A, notably through its concentration of beta-carotene. Pink watermelon is also a source of the potent carotenoid antioxidant, lycopene. These powerful antioxidants travel through the body neutralizing free radicals.
One thought on “Thirty Days of Juice! Day 9”
Because of the high glycemic index of watermelon should this be avoided on Anti-Candida diets? I had a watermelon juice drink last week and felt amazing the whole morning. Maybe from the sugar/fructose overload.