Makes 2 Glasses
- 1 Tbsp. Cardamom pods
- 2 Passion Fruit
- 2 Oz. Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1 Oz. Spinach
- 4 Large Oranges
- Coconut Nectar
- Crush the cardamom pods in a mortar with a pestle or place them in a small, metal bowl and pound them with the end of a rolling pin.
- Set the cardamom pods and any stray seeds into a small pan. Add a touch of coconut nectar and stir in about 6 Tbsp of water. Cover and dehydrate at 140 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Halve the passion fruit and scoop the pulp into a small jug.
- Feed peeled oranges, passion fruit, sprouts and spinach through a juicer.
- Strain the cardamom syrup into the juice mixture and whisk it into a frothy mixture.
- Pour over ice in tall glasses, serve and enjoy!
Health Tip: Passion fruit have somniferous properties, and when taken before going to bed they are effective in relaxation and a restful sleep during the night. They also have febrifugal and soporific properties so they are an excellent food to eat when fighting the flu or a cold.