Delicious Beet Cocktail
A healthy recipe for beets that tastes great. No cooking the beets, no added sugar, just a delicious raw juice that is bold and refreshing. Delicious Beet Cocktail is a sophisticated, shockingly beautiful drink that you can serve as a mocktail at happy hour. Bottoms up!
- 2 small beets, peeled and quartered
- 2 red apples, cored with peels on
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ice
- ¼ cup white grape juice (optional)
- Blend beets, apples, ginger and water in a Vita-Mix on high while you fill a pitcher with ice.
- Pour beet apple mixture through a fine mesh sieve into the the ice filled pitcher, stirring the pulp to allow liquid to drain through.
- Stir to chill, add grape juice if you desire a sweeter version and serve immediately.
Health Tip: Beets are full of folate, manganese, and cancer fighting betacyanin which gives it that glorious color.