Makes 2 Glasses
- 1 bunch fresh dandelion leaves
- 4 apples
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 small wedge onion
- Rinse ingredients
- Slice apples and chop ginger into about three pieces
- Feed ingredients through a juicer
- Pour into glasses and enjoy every sip of health and goodness!
Health Tip: (From CHI Intern Patty) In the late 1990s I had the opportunity to interview a Coldwater, Michigan lady named Maude Ferris Luce preceding the occasion of her 110th birthday (for which she happened to receive a phone call from President Bill Clinton). I asked her what her secret to longevity was and she told me matter-of-factly “dandelion greens.” She said that all her life she had harvested wild dandelion greens and used them in salads. Dandelion is probably the richest herbal sources of vitamin K. Vitamin-K has potential role in bone mass building by promoting osteotrophic activity in the bones. It also has established role in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in the brain.