Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Time to dehydrate: 10 to 12 hours
- 2 cups of uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts finely ground- (leave out a dozen or so to chunk up and put in the batter)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts finely ground – (leave out a dozen or so to cut up and put in the mixture)
- 1/2 cup soaked dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup of coconut nectar or maple syrup or honey
- 2 apples grated
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- Place the uncooked oats in a food processor and pulse two or three short bursts. If you don’t have a food processor, use a blender.
- Transfer the uncooked processed oats to a mixing bowl and add the dates, raisins, walnuts sweetener and the grated apples. Mix the batter by hand or use beaters on low. Set the mixture aside.
- In a coffee grinder grind the macadamias and cashews until they resemble a silky flour. Add them to the batter, stirring them in.
- On a mesh dehydrator sheet shape the dough into cookies.
- Keep in mind that the thicker you form the cookies, the longer they take to dehydrate.
- Dehydrate the cookies at 110 degrees until they reach your preferred texture, around 12 hours.
- Option: If you do not have a dehydrator, you can place the cookies on a baking tray and place in the oven on low with the oven door left open. Heat for 45 minutes.
Enjoy these wonderful cookies with a glass of nut milk or your plant based drink. Blessings, Bobby