Easy To Make 4th of July Raw Vegan Cherry Pie
Time: 30 minutes to prepare
Equipment: Food Processor or Blender. (Coffee Grinder Optional)
- 6 cups pitted raw cherries
- 1/4 cup fresh juiced lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or grade B maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Irish Moss (optional it sets the pie up without freezing)
- 1 cup. dates soaked in
- 1/2 cup coconut water (regular water will do in a pinch)
- 1/2 cup pecans ground (use a food processor and grind to fine consistency)
- 1 cup raw rolled oats ( flash process oats in the food processor)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil softened
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Salt to taste-
Equipment: Bowl, Food Processor, Pie Plate, Stirring Utensils
First, prepare the crust.
- Process the soaked dates to a paste using the food processor.
Add the processed pecans, raw rolled oats, softened coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Press the dough into the pie plate. (oil the pie plate with coconut oil) Place in the pie plate into your freezer for 1 hour, so it sets up.
Second, prepare the filling.
- Place 3 cups of the cherries into the food processor along with the Irish Moss and process the cherries until they are in tiny pieces.
- Add your sweetener and lemon juice. Check the taste to make sure the sweetness is just right for you.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of pitted cherries. Mix in by hand.
- Bring out the crust.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Place the pie into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Serve with raw vegan ice cream – If you need an ice cream recipe. Go to the raws deserts category and choose the ice cream you think you will like best.
Happy 4th of July. Bobby