- Soak 1/4 cup of seeds in fresh cold water for 8-12 hours. Try not to use chlorinated water. You will not soak seeds again. Only rinse them going forward.
- Drain the water off of the seeds and rinse them thoroughly under cool water. ( A colander works well for this process.)
- Rinse and Drain with cool water every 8-12 hours – until your seeds have a small root showing. (you can use a sprouting bag to making rinsing and sprouting easy)
- Pour the sprouted seeds in a tray or dish with about 1inch or 3 centimeters of moist compost soil. (you do not plant them)
- Cover the seeds with another tray or plate, to keep light out and moisture in.
- Keep your compost moist, only water lightly as needed. Don’t soak the soil!
- When the buckwheat begins to show leaves, remove the cover, and move them to a sunny or well-lit location in your home.
- Harvest the buckwheat lettuce with scissors when the leaves are open and green.
Buckwheat Lettuce is easy to grow and when we incorporate them in to our diet they strengthen our immune system, boost our metabolism, and increase our energy levels.
Sending love, healing and every blessing. Bobby