Today almost 1 out of every 3 Americans is suffering from some degenerative disease. The two significant culpurts, cancer, and heart disease now kills more than a million people each year here in the states.
Scientific studies and are showing that these diseases in part are related to a deficiency in glutathione. Glutathiones job is to neutralize toxins, and protect our bodies from illness, increase our longevity by guarding our cells from oxidative stress. As we get older, our glutathione levels significantly decrease, while degenerative diseases increase.
Glutathione is produced in the liver and found in every cell of the body. It is composed of the amino acids (glycine, glutamine, and cysteine). Glutathione works by binding to harmful free radicals while it supports the function of the T-cells – which are needed to ensure a healthy and balanced an immune system which assists in DNA repair.
Foods That Increase Glutathione Production
- Veggies loaded with Sulfur. Broccoli, cauliflower, kale, onions, garlic, and shallots
- Fruits packed with vitamin C. Areola cherries, citrus, cantaloupe, kiwi, mango, papaya, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, and watermelon.
- Eat selenium-rich foods like brazil nuts. For those of you who are meat-eaters eat it sparingly and make sure it’s naturally environmentally farm-raised organic, beef, buffalo, chicken, and fish.
- I also like to supplement with herbs when necessary using selenium, milk thistle, and Tumeric.
- Though not a food getting a good night’s sleep is very important for the assimilation of these foods to help the liver make the Glutathione.
Wishing you good health and every blessing. Bobby