SAN DIEGO — Researchers at UC San Diego’s Moores Cancer Center are investigating whether simple changes in diet can fight prostate cancer. Dave McLaren was among other participants in a pilot program to see if prostate cancer patients would change their lifestyle and diets by eating more amounts of vegetables. “In fact, they were amazingly receptive,” said Dr. Kellogg Parsons, a urologist who was involved in the study. Doctors in the initial study wanted participants to eat seven or more servings a day of vegetables such as carrots, tomatoes, kale, broccoli and radishes. “I feel better in my head, I guess — knowing I’m not abusing myself at the cellular level,” said McLaren. McLaren remembers being diagnosed with prostate cancer. “This cannot be happening to me,” said McLaren as he recalled what went through his mind at the time. Now, researchers have begun a new study to see if the vegetable diet can actually stop prostate cancer in its tracks. “What we’re hoping [and] what we’re thinking is that this intervention… this high vegetable diet is going to keep the cancer from progressing,” said Parsons. Researchers don’t know if the diet could actually cure the cancer, but if it keeps the cancer from growing, they said it’s a major step for patients in less aggressive and early-stage cases. “That means they don’t need treatment,” said Parsons. “That means they don’t need surgery. They don’t need radiation.” McLaren admitted he is a little skeptical. “I’d like to see the study to prove that,” he said. “It’d be great.” Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men. In 2007, about 223,000 men in the United States were diagnosed with it and about 29,000 died from the disease that same year. Researchers believe the vegetables contain chemicals that potentially either fight the cancer or strengthen the body’s ability to fight the disease.
A century ago Americans consumed 40lbs of sugar a year
Last year we consumed 140lbs per person
124 Ways Sugar Ruins Your Health
1. Sugar can suppress the immune system.
2. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body.
3. Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
4. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
5. Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases).
6. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function, the more sugar you eat the more elasticity and function you loose.
7. Sugar reduces high density lipoproteins.
8. Sugar leads to chromium deficiency.
9. Sugar leads to cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, and rectum.
10. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.
11. Sugar causes copper deficiency.
12. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
13. Sugar can weaken eyesight.
14. Sugar raises the level of neurotransmitters: dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.
15. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
16. Sugar can produce an acidic digestive tract.
17. Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
18. Sugar malabsorption is frequent in patients with functional bowel disease.
19. Sugar can cause premature aging.
20. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
21. Sugar can cause tooth decay.
22. Sugar contributes to obesity.
23. High intake of sugar increases the risk of Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis.
24. Sugar can cause changes frequently found in person with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
25. Sugar can cause arthritis.
26. Sugar can cause asthma.
27. Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections).
28. Sugar can cause gallstones.
29. Sugar can cause heart disease.
30. Sugar can cause appendicitis.
31. Sugar can cause multiple sclerosis.
32. Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.
33. Sugar can cause varicose veins.
34. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.
35. Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
36. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
37. Sugar contributes to saliva acidity.
38. Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.
39. Sugar can lower the amount of Vitamin E in the blood.
40. Sugar can decrease growth hormone.
41. Sugar can increase cholesterol.
42. Sugar can increase the systolic blood pressure.
43. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
44. High sugar intake increases advanced glycation end products (AGEs) (Sugar bound non-enzymatically to protein)
45. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
46. Sugar causes food allergies.
47. Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
48. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
49. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
50. Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
51. Sugar can impair the structure of DNA
52. Sugar can change the structure of protein.
53. Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
54. Sugar can cause cataracts.
55. Sugar can cause emphysema.
56. Sugar can cause arteriosclerosis.
57. Sugar can promote an elevation of low density lipoproteins (LDL).
58. High sugar intake can impair the physiological homeostasis of many systems in the body.
59. Sugar lowers the enzymes ability to function.
60. Sugar intake is higher in people with Parkinson’s disease.
61. Sugar can cause a permanent altering the way the proteins act in the body.
62. Sugar can enlarge the liver by making the liver cells divide.
63. Sugar can increase the amount of liver fat.
64. Sugar can enlarge the kidney and produce pathological changes in it.
65. Sugar can damage the pancreas.
66. Sugar can increase the body’s fluid retention.
67. Sugar is enemy #1 of the bowel movement.
68. Sugar can cause myopia (nearsightedness).
69. Sugar can compromise the lining of the capillaries.
70. Sugar can make the tendons more brittle.
71. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraine.
72. Sugar plays a role in pancreatic cancer in women.
73. Sugar can adversely affect school children’s grades and cause learning disorders.
74. Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha, and theta brain waves.
75. Sugar can cause depression.
76. Sugar increases the risk of gastric cancer.
77. Sugar and cause dyspepsia (indigestion).
78. Sugar can increase your risk of getting gout.
79. Sugar can increase the levels of glucose in an oral glucose tolerance test over the ingestion of complex carbohydrates.
80. Sugar can increase the insulin responses in humans consuming high-sugar diets compared to low sugar diets.
81 High refined sugar diet reduces learning capacity.
82. Sugar can cause less effective functioning of two blood proteins, albumin, and lipoproteins, which may reduce the body’s ability to handle fat and cholesterol.
83. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer’s disease.
84. Sugar can cause platelet adhesiveness.
85. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance; some hormones become under active and others become overactive.
86. Sugar can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
87. Sugar can lead to the hypothalamus to become highly sensitive to a large variety of stimuli.
88. Sugar can lead to dizziness.
89. Diets high in sugar can cause free radicals and oxidative stress.
90. High sucrose diets of subjects with peripheral vascular disease significantly increase platelet adhesion.
91. High sugar diet can lead to biliary tract cancer.
92. Sugar feeds cancer.
93. High sugar consumption of pregnant adolescents is associated with a twofold increased risk for delivering a small-for-gestational-age (SGA) infant.
94. High sugar consumption can lead to substantial decrease in gestation duration among adolescents.
95. Sugar slows food’s travel time through the gastrointestinal tract.
96. Sugar increases the concentration of bile acids in stools and bacterial enzymes in the colon. This can modify bile to produce cancer-causing compounds and colon cancer.
97. Sugar increases estradiol (the most potent form of naturally occurring estrogen) in men.
98. Sugar combines and destroys phosphatase, an enzyme, which makes the process of digestion more difficult.
99. Sugar can be a risk factor of gallbladder cancer.
100. Sugar is an addictive substance.
101. Sugar can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.
102. Sugar can exacerbate PMS.
103. Sugar given to premature babies can affect the amount of carbon dioxide they produce.
104. Decrease in sugar intake can increase emotional stability.
105. The body changes sugar into 2 to 5 times more fat in the bloodstream than it does starch.
106. The rapid absorption of sugar promotes excessive food intake in obese subjects.
107. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
108. Sugar adversely affects urinary electrolyte composition.
109. Sugar can slow down the ability of the adrenal glands to function.
110. Sugar has the potential of inducing abnormal metabolic processes in a normal healthy individual and to promote chronic degenerative diseases.
111..IVs (intravenous feedings) of sugar water can cut off oxygen to the brain.
112. High sucrose intake could be an important risk factor in lung cancer.
113. Sugar increases the risk of polio.
114. High sugar intake can cause epileptic seizures.
115. Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.
116. In Intensive Care Units: Limiting sugar saves lives.
117. Sugar may induce cell death.
118. Sugar may impair the physiological homeostasis of many systems in living organisms.
119. In juvenile rehabilitation camps, when children were put on a low sugar diet, there was a 44% drop in antisocial behavior.
120. Sugar can cause gastric cancer.
121. Sugar dehydrates newborns.
122. Sugar can cause gum disease.
123. Sugar increases the estradiol in young men.
124. Sugar can cause low birth-weight babies.
Best day ever,
Creative Health Institute
Eating this amazing food everyday will completley recharge your immune system.
While I was the director of the Creative Health Institute, this wonderful food was served at every meal. Some of the benefits associated with eating regular and VegeKrauts are:
Sauerkraut is an immune system booster
Packed with enzymes, vitamins, phytonutrients and minerals, sauerkraut has a wonderful effect on the immune system and has been used as an immune booster for centuries. Sauerkraut contains, lactic acid bacteria and photochemical which are created and enhanced during the fermentation process. These naturally occurring, beneficial by-products of sauerkraut help boost the immune system which leads to a decrease in a number of health problems. The common cold, skin problems, weight gain, and tainted blood are all fixed by a healthy functioning immune system.
Sauerkraut is a cancer fighter
Sauerkraut’ is a superfood, with the ability to inhibit and even destroy cancer cells. Studies published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry concluded that sauerkraut is a cancer inhibitor. The study discovered that the fermentation of cabbage produced a substance called isothiocyanate, which prevents cancer growth, particularly in the breast, colon, lung, and liver. The University of New Mexico published a study linking sauerkraut consumption by adolescent females to a reduced risk for breast cancer earlier studies indicate sauerkraut may reduce the risk for other forms of cancer including lung, colon, prostate, and liver
“We are finding that fermented cabbage to be healthier than raw or cooked cabbage, especially for fighting cancer”, says Eeva-Liisa Ryhanen, Ph.D., research manager of MTT Agrifood Research Finland, located in Jokioinen, Finland. A recent study by the American Center for Cancer Research has found that sauerkraut has a profound effect on preventing and healing breast cancer. Based on reports that breast cancer rates amongst polish women in the United States were much higher than those in Poland researchers set out to find out why. Their answer; the women who still lived in Poland ate significantly larger amounts of sauerkraut especially important while they were in adolescence. The research found that the women who immigrated Americanized’ their diets and stopped eating as much of the superfood that is sauerkraut thus increasing their rates of breast cancer.
Eating sauerkraut is a great way to protect the balance of bacteria in your gastrointestinal tract. Sauerkraut is one of the few foods that contain the bacterium Lactobacilli Plantarum. L. Plantarum is a very dominant strain of healthful bacteria which helps your digestive system in the following ways: boost the immune system by increasing antibodies that fight infectious disease help inhibit pathogenic organisms including E.coli, salmonella and unhealthy overgrowth of candida (yeast) create antioxidants (glutathione and superoxide dismutase) that scavenge free radicals which are a cancer precursor transforms hard-to-digest lactose from milk to the more easily digested lactic acid. It neutralizes the anti-nutrients found in many foods including the phytic acid found in all grains and the trypsin-inhibitors in soy generates new nutrients including omega-3 fatty acids, digestive aids, and the trace mineral GTF chromium. These various properties are the best scientific reasons given for what has been known by loyal users for millennia, sauerkraut cures an upset stomach and is the best natural physic there is. Many sources say raw fermented foods are beneficial to the digestive system by increasing the healthy flora in the intestinal tract or creating the type of environment for them to flourish. Sauerkraut and its juice are traditional folk remedies for constipation. Fermentation actually increases nutrient values in the cabbage, especially vitamin C.
Fermented foods facilitate the breakdown and assimilation of proteins. They have a soothing effect on the nervous system. The benefits of sauerkraut and sauerkraut juice have been recognized for generations. In some families of southern Germany, the children are fed raw sauerkraut twice weekly to support their intestines.
Avian Flu Fighter
With the spread of Avian Flu spreading across the globe, Korean scientist, Kang Sa-Ouk of Seoul National University, took 13 chickens infected with the avian flu virus and fed them Kim Chi extract. 11 of the birds recovered. It appears that the vital bacteria are created during the fermenting process and this gives the Kim Chi (Kraut) its health-boosting qualities.
Dr. Ann Wigmores VegeKraut
- 1 green cabbage
- 1 purple cabbage
- 6 carrots
- 1 sweet red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or rejuvelac
- Optional Seasonings to taste (garlic, cayenne, herbs, caraway seeds) – optional
Finely chop cabbage, saving outside leaves. Chop carrots and onion. Place vegetables into a large bowl or crock-pot. Mix in optional seasonings. Cover the top outside with cabbage leaves. Place large plate and weight on top (we use a large stone). Press down to remove air from Kraut. Leave at room temperature for 3 days or until it is sour enough for your taste. Place the Kraut in a glass jar with a lid and refrigerate. It will keep up to for several weeks. Eat a ½ cup serving a day with meals and enjoy the wonderful flavor and nutritional benefits of this wonderful food! Another zero fat, healthy bacteria, non-fruit recipe to give you amazing health!
Wishing you the best day ever,
Robert Morgan – “Bobby” is the past program and health education director at CHI. He is a certified naturopath, iridologist, energy practitioner, colonic therapist, master raw chef, author, International lecturer, teacher and cancer surthrivor.
Bobby, is dedicated to continuing to carry out the work and vision of Dr. Ann Wigmore and all of the souls who have dedicated their lives to love, peace and natural health.
Since the founding of Creative Health Institute, we have had more than 19,000 guests who have regained their health with raw living foods, raw juices and water fasting. We invite you to visit our website and find out more about our institute and how you can recover your health and happiness.
The following recoveries via fasting were reported by Paavo Airola, from his own practice, in 1971:
- Juice fasting recovery from arthritis in knees and spine, neuritis in legs, emphysema – in less than three weeks walking without his cane.
- Raw juice fasting recovery from: angina, chronic low back pain, high blood pressure – several large fatty tumors – ten days of fasting.
- Juice fasting recovery from: high blood pressure, irregular heart beat, chronic headaches – blood pressure went from 160/100 to 135/80 – headaches disappeared as if by a miracle.
- Raw juice fasting recovery from: asthma – 3 weeks of fasting – breathing was dramatically improved – vitality and strength greatly increased.
- Juice fasting recovery from: chronic bronchitis, chronic tonsilitis, high blood pressure – reduced 12 pounds – no cough, no mucus, no breathing discomfort.
- Juice fasting recovery from: arthritis, overweight, psoriasis – fast of 28 days – reduced 25 pounds and looked younger.
H.E. Kirschner, M.D., writes about the following of his own cases in Live Food Juices (1957):
- Raw juice fasting recovery: 64 year old man with cancer, vegetable juices.
- Juice fasting recovery: 30 year-old woman – jaundice and arthritis.
- Raw juice diet/fasting recovery: 70-year-old woman – cancer of the abdomen.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: 2-year old boy with convulsions.
- Juice fasting recovery: woman – pyo-nephrosis and kidney pain.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: Two babies with leukemia.
- Juice diet/fasting recovery: 77-year-old man – neuralgia of facial nerve, pain, diabetes, blindness.
- Juice fasting recovery: 54-year old man with constipation, hemorrhoids, pain, papilloma, bladder tumors, worms.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: man with heart attack, pain, arthritis, neuritis, bursitis, crippled fingers, prostrate problem.
- Raw juice fasting recovery: 67-year-old woman with arthritis.
Dr. Herbert M. Shelton, fasting retreat director, author of 50+ books, writes in Fasting Can Save Your Life (1964) about the following cases:
- Water fasting: multiple sclerosis, 7 week recovery, male
- Water fasting recoveries within weeks: bronchial asthma, female & male
- Water fasting: arthritis, recovery in weeks, 44-year-old female; recovery in 4 years, male
- Water fasting – recovery in 4 – 6 weeks: migraine
- Water fasting, diet change: hay fever, complete recovery
- Water fasting: heart disease, normalization in few days
- Water-only fasting: colitis
- Water fasting: psoriasis, eczema – recovery within weeks
- Water fasting, diet change: prostatic enlargement – recovery in weeks
- Water-only fasting: gonorrhea
- Water fasting, raw diet: nephritis, Bright’s – recovery in nine months
- Water fasting: gallstones
- Water fasting recovery: tumors of the breast – full recoveries in days or weeks
- Water fasting: sterility in women – 10 day recovery
Arnold deVries wrote about these historical raw food therapy cases in his 1952 book:
- Raw diet and juice fasting: Johanna Brandt – raw grape diet – cures from cancer – constipation, rheumatism, catarrh, gallstones, eczema, jaundice, malaria, hemorrhages – mental disturbances – muscular system.
- Raw cabbage juice fasting: Dr. Garnett Chaney at Stanford University – 63 ulcer patients – pronounced healing – recovery was complete within three weeks or less. – important aid to normal elimination -improves general health.
- Raw foods therapy: German T. L. Birnberg treated diarrhea in children with raw, grated apple – completely successful results in 88 per cent of all cases – abdominal pain – normal stools – reduction of fever within 48 hours – disappearance of mucus in 60 hours.
- Raw foods and juice fasting – improve the intelligence quotients and mental attitudes of backward children – In Germany, Dr. Lottner reported an experiment in which 33 children – raw breakfasts – better work in dictation, arithmetic, letter and drawing tests – less restless – better concentration.
- Raw diet and some juice fasting: Pottenger Sanitarium in California – “the highest grade of raw milk, raw meat, raw vegetables and fruit products obtainable” – defective facial growth has been improved.
- Raw diet and some juice fasting: “Jungborn” a health resort – Germany – Adolph Just – raw foods – inflammatory rheumatism, consumption of the spinal cord, tuberculosis of the bones, dropsy, incipient dropsy, fistula of the rectum, cancer, nervous spasms, deafness, and various digestive ailments and sexual disorders – recoveries were often rapid as well as complete – recovery from inflammatory rheumatism in nine days, and from incipient dropsy in less than a week.
- Raw diet and some juice fasting: – Bircher-Benner clinic – Zurich, Switzerland – strictly raw diet – “sunlight food” – digestive diseases – resovery of one supposedly incurable patient suffering from the Herter-Heubner disease – “staggering success” – “generally brings about a complete change in obstinate cases of many chronic conditions such as stomatitis and ulcers, spine, amoebic dysentery, lambliosis and malaria, kidney troubles, jaundice, eczemas and urticaria, headaches, and schizophrenias, also in cases of varicose, thrombophlebitis and many other conditions.”
- Raw diet and juice fasting: First Medical Clinic of the University of Vienna – exclusive raw food diet ” – capillaries were slowly restored to a normal, vigorous condition.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: “Humlegaarden” – Copenhagen – Dr. I Nolfi – exclusive raw diet – recover from all manner of diseases, including cancer, sterility, obesity, diabetes, heart debilitation, high blood pressure, rheumatism, epilepsy, asthma, and many others. In some cases even grey hair darkens in color.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: Dr. K. Eimer, of the University Medical Clinic at Marburg-Lahn – raw diet – renal or cardiac oedema or the oedema of obesity – diseases of the circulatory system – high blood pressure and diabetes – blood was improved – refractive index of the serum increased.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: Dr. Joseph Evers in Germany – 600 cases of multiple sclerosis – 42 per cent of all patients showed improvement or complete recovery.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: Munich, the German physicians, Friedrich and Peters – raw diet – severe cases of liver cirrhosis, with ascites – successful.
- Raw diet w. minimal juices: D. C. Hare, J. F Kinderheilk, W Heupe, I. Kanai, and M. Kuratsune. Dr. Hare, of the Royal Free Hospital in England – exclusive raw diet – arthritic patients – avitaminosis, nephritis, diabetes, and chronic constipation – cardiac disease – diarrhea – heart and kidney diseases – obesity and diabetes – Other diseases, which had failed to yield to conventional medical care, responded favorably to the raw diet – associated with no adverse side-effects.
Wishing all our friends the best day ever,
Program and Health Director
Creative Health Institute
JUICE FASTING RECOVERIES – DIFFERENT CONDITIONS
- Juice fasting: New York Post Graduate Hospital – cases of consumption – raw vegetable juices each day – within seven months the eleven patients were discharged as fit subjects for a life insurance risk.
- Raw juice fasting: Los Angeles at the Olive View Sanatorium – 200 tuberculosis patients – raw vegetable juices – recovery.
- Juice fasting: Kirshner – raw vegetable juices – recoveries from heart disease, prostrate gland disease, cancer, neuritis, arthritis, and hemorrhoids.
- Raw juice fasting: Dr. Kirshner – severe case of splenic leukemia – raw carrot juice – recovery was complete within 18 months – no recurrence.
- Juice fasting: Dr. Max Gerson – raw vegetable juices – treatment for cancer – gratifying results in about 50 per cent of his cancer cases – many complete recoveries.
- Juice fasting and raw diet: Dr. J. R. Davidson, Toronto – curing a number of cancer patients – raw vegetables, and raw vegetable juices.
- Raw juice fasting: Great Britain – The Ministry of Health and Public Health Service Laboratory report – pointing out the value of juices – in a wide variety of diseased conditions – hypertension, cardiovascular and kidney diseases and obesity – rheumatic, degenerative and toxic states. Juices have an all-around protective action.
- Juice fasting and raw diet: Great Britain report – good results – peptic ulceration – chronic diarrhea, colitis and toxemia of gastro and intestinal origin.
- Raw diet and juice fasting: Dr. Harold F Hawkins – at least half of all foods used in their raw state – pyorrhea, including infection of the alveolar bone which supports the teeth and gums – definite improvement in 60 or 90 days – improvement in bone density in about a year.
- Raw diet and juice fasting: Dr. Milton T. Hanke, University of Chicago and the Chicago Dental Research Club – adding the uncooked juices of citrus fruits to a conventional diet – 50 per cent reduction in the incidence of dental caries – almost complete disappearance of gingivitis.
New test for prostate cancer still not as effective as a raw vegan diet
February 03, 2011
A new experimental test is hoped to have a significant effect on the process of identifying which patients with prostate cancer need more aggressive treatment.
Doctors currently have an 84% accuracy rate in establishing whether a given subject’s cancer will become life threatening (deadly), although once a successful tumour diagnosis is made physicians still have no reliable way of knowing which cases will become potentially lethal, therefore they have to make difficult decisions over monitoring, radiotherapy or surgery.
Raw vegan chocolate cake or prostate cancer? Hmmm.
Surgery on the prostate can leave the patient incontinent or impotent, and radiation has the same effect but with the added potential for hair loss and other ‘radioactive’ related sicknesses.
The resulting problem is overtreatment, and according to Ronald DePinho of the Dana-Farber Cancer Center in Boston, around 48 men are treated for every life saved. That is a staggering waste of resources by anybody’s standards.
To counter these problems DePinho and his colleagues have devised a test which according to their data can help doctors give more accurate diagnoses. Published in Wednesday’s online edition of the journal, Nature, the scientists’ results showed that through their test the accuracy score went up to 91%.
The results came after tests on mice identified four genes which, when combined in activity can drive prostate cancer towards becoming deadly.
They then verified the tests validity by applying them to human tumour samples.
While the research is a breakthrough and will come as good news to individuals suffering with prostate cancer or tumours, there is an alternative to aggressive radiation treatment or surgery.
In his book, The China Study, T. Colin Campbell lifts the lid on the food and pharmaceutical industries which perpetuate their business through constant propaganda.
Campbell was heavily involved in scientific research into food studies, and his findings led to him realise that a plant based diet can not only reduce the risk of cancer developing in the body, but can actually reverse the progress of the disease.
The reason most people don’t know about his findings is because they accept the word of their doctor who is undoubtedly sponsored by the world domineering food industry and ‘big pharma’ corporations, and they would lose vast sums of money if their continual development of anti-this-or-that medications halted, all of which is funded by millions of tax payer’s dollars every year.
Raw veganism has been used to successfully cure diabetes and cancer, and it also eliminates obesity. On a meat diet the body consumes too much protein which can activate and stimulate cancer growth in the human body.
Campbell first discovered evidence of this when he worked in the Philippines trying to solve problems with starvation. He found that rich families were living on high meat content diets because they could afford to do so, and while the poor had to live on reduced protein intake, the majority of illness cases that led to cancer occurred in the rich families’ children.
After 40 years of research and exploration into the subject he established that by consuming raw, whole foods, the body could in fact turn off the cancer gene, but not only that, as on a raw diet the body was able to reverse degenerative illnesses like diabetes and asthma, completely curing both in many cases.
Given the choice between eating good, wholesome and tasty food which strengthens the body and eradicates diseases, or being subjected to months of sickening radiation treatment, just about everyone with sense would surely choose the former.
Please share your thoughts or experiences with prostate cancer, its treatment or the raw food diets by leaving a comment. If you would like to be trained in holistic raw living food nutritional counseling, as taught by Creative Health Institute. Contact us at 866.426.1213
Best of health to all our readers,
Robert Morgan – Bobby
Creative Health Institute
Union City, Michigan 49094
2/04/11 Washington, D.C. – American Institute for Cancer Research – Scientists estimate about a third of the most common cancers could be prevented through healthy diets, being physically active and maintaining a healthy weight. This year, World Cancer Day (February 4) focuses on cancer prevention.
We asked American Institute for Cancer Research’s Director of Research Susan Higginbotham, PhD, RD, to explain what the science says about how you can start lowering your cancer risk.
It seems like we’re always reading about new study in which a certain food or food substance either reduces or increases our cancer risk. It can get confusing – so much so that many Americans throw up their hands.
That’s why AICR conducted the biggest-ever review of the scientific evidence, and then distilled thousands of studies worth of research on the subject of diet, weight, physical activity and cancer into 10 recommendations that people can incorporate into their daily lives.
Of course, when it comes to cancer, there are no guarantees. But these ten recommendations represent the best advice available anywhere on how we can reduce our risk.
What’s more, the research shows that every little bit counts – making even small changes in the right direction today can make a difference in the years, and decades, to come.
Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight
Image courtesy of American Institute for Cancer ResearchMaintaining a healthy weight is one of the most important things you can do to reduce your risk of many of the most common cancers. We advise people to aim to be towards the lower end of the healthy Body Mass Index (BMI) range, which is a BMI from 18.5 to 25. Find out your BMI with AICR’s BMI Calculator.
There is now convincing evidence that excess body fat is a risk factor for six types of cancer: post-menopausal breast cancer, colon cancer, esophageal cancer, endometrial cancer, kidney cancer, and pancreatic cancer; the evidence linking excess body fat to gallbladder cancer was judged probable.
In fact, scientists now say that, after not smoking, maintaining a healthy weight is the most important thing you can do for cancer prevention.
Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
Most of us know that regular physical activity can help keep our hearts healthy now, the good news is that it can also reduce our risk of many cancers.
This is why AICR recommends people aim to be physically active for at least half an hour a day and then, as fitness improves, increase this level to about an hour.
And physical activity provides a double bonus: Not only does it reduce cancer risk in its own right, but being regularly active is also a great way of maintaining a healthy weight.
Limit consumption of calorie-dense foods (foods high in fats and added sugars and/or low in fiber) and avoid sugary drinks.
When we consistently choose foods and drinks filled with empty calories, we can indirectly impact our cancer risk, because this eating pattern can lead to obesity, which is a major cancer risk factor.
That’s why it’s a good idea to choose food rich in nutrients and high in fiber, doing so helps avoid being overweight.
Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and beans.
At AICR we recommend a plant-based diet for lowering cancer risk that means making meals and snacks that feature only modest amounts of meat and instead revolve around vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans. A day in which you get at least five portions of these plant foods is a good day.
And diets that feature a variety of plant foods, like physical activity, have a double effect for cancer prevention. As well as the direct effect they have on cancer risk, people who eat plenty of them are also less likely to be overweight.
Limit consumption of red meats (such as beef, pork and lamb) and avoid processed meats.
To protect against cancer, AICR recommends limiting consumption of red meat (such as beef, pork and lamb) to 18 ounces (cooked weight) per week. You could have six meals a week featuring 3-ounce portions, or three meals a week with 6-ounce portions; it’s up to you.
Processed meats like ham, bacon, sausages and cold cuts are best saved for special occasions.
This is because there is convincing evidence that red and processed meat increase risk of colorectal cancer, which is one of the most common types of cancer in the US.
If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
The evidence that all types of alcoholic drinks are a cause of a number of cancers is now stronger than ever before.
This means cutting down on the amount you drink could play an important role in reducing your cancer risk.
Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
Many of us know that having too much salt increases risk of high blood pressure.
But people might not be aware that consuming too much salt also probably increases risk of stomach cancer.
Don’t use supplements to protect against cancer.
AICR doesn’t recommend relying on dietary supplements for lowering cancer risk. If at all possible, it’s best to get the nutrients we need from our diets. This is because, in certain cases, very high doses of vitamin supplements have been associated with increased cancer risk.
There are, however, some groups of Americans – such as nursing and expectant mothers and seniors – who may benefit from dietary supplements for other reasons. Your doctor can provide you with guidance tailored to your needs.
It is best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for up to 6 months and then add other liquids and foods.
Research is showing that our overall cancer risk affected by what we do throughout the whole of our lives. This is why AICR says it’s never too early to think about cancer prevention.
Breastfeeding your newborn is a good example of this, as it probably reduces the risk of the baby becoming overweight and obese.
But there is also a cancer prevention benefit for the mother, as breastfeeding your baby reduces your risk of breast cancer.
After treatment, cancer survivors should follow the recommendations for cancer prevention.
There is some evidence that, particularly with breast cancer, cancer survivors can reduce their risk of recurrence by eating healthily and maintaining a healthy weight.
This is an area where more research is needed and this is why cancer survivorship is one of the priority areas for AICR’s research program.
But while this research is being carried out, people who want to stop cancer recurring are best advised to follow the recommendations for preventing it in the first place.
Taken together, these Recommendations for Cancer Prevention form an empowering, evidence-based message that’s important to remember on World Cancer Day, and all year long:
Making small, everyday changes today can help you lower your risk of cancer throughout your lifetime.